Cyanogenmod 10, the keyboard didn't work

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
you can enable it in the application manager in settings. You will have to scroll all the way to the bottom, that is where disabled apps go by default. You could just add one through the market though if you wanted...

David McSwain

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is the problem, I can't log into the shop without a keyboard. And the keyboard doesn't work. After more searching it could be a problem with gapps?

Edit: Any way I can install an APK? I tried just moving the apk into the download folder, but it didn't show up in the downloads for the phone.

bfettd123

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been having the same problem. I just installed the latest nightly build on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (don't laugh) - same dilemma. Tried going back to the last stable CM10 - same issue again. If you keep notifications on, you'll see that a popup flashes every 10 seconds or so saying that the AOSP is unavailable. No amount of disabling / enabling it seems to correct the problem.

I'd gladly install swype or something else if possible, only I don't even have a k/b to enter a wifi password (or anything, for that matter). No ability to type means no ability to use GPlay to get another k/b.

FWIW, Pizzadude is right - this isn't part of GApps.

cookies_crumble

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi
After getting so much from these forums after i soft bricked my GS i9000 i want to give back.
I have rooted with XXJVP-Complete-Rooting-Package and odin then I installed aokp_galaxysmtd_jb_build-5.zip and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip and encountered the same problem. I few soft bricks and restores and re-flashes later i tried to install LatinImeGoogle-jb-4.2-517167-signed.zip as a zip from recovery mode but this didnt make the keyboard work.

So when I finally got my Cyanogenmod install done and booted (albiet with the keyboard not working) i went to Settings > Apps > All and found android Keyboard (AOSP) opened it, forces it to stop, cleared data, disabled it (may or may not be required i did it any way) then re-enabled it and BAM! the keyboard stopped crashing :D

I am happy now i have a new(ish) phone with a working keyboard.

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

CC

patshatner

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Worked perfect, thank you!

Hi
After getting so much from these forums after i soft bricked my GS i9000 i want to give back.
I have rooted with XXJVP-Complete-Rooting-Package and odin then I installed aokp_galaxysmtd_jb_build-5.zip and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip and encountered the same problem. I few soft bricks and restores and re-flashes later i tried to install LatinImeGoogle-jb-4.2-517167-signed.zip as a zip from recovery mode but this didnt make the keyboard work.

So when I finally got my Cyanogenmod install done and booted (albiet with the keyboard not working) i went to Settings > Apps > All and found android Keyboard (AOSP) opened it, forces it to stop, cleared data, disabled it (may or may not be required i did it any way) then re-enabled it and BAM! the keyboard stopped crashing :D

CC

Going to try both of these methods. I've been trying to switch to CM 10.0 since this morning (I've been on Bugless Beast, waiting for it to update to 4.2 but I guess that's not happening soon). Successfully flashed CM10 after wiping data and cache, but immediately get the AOSP Keyboard Has Stopped Working message once it boots up. Tried reflashing both CM10 and the GAPPS to no avail. Downloading the HDH gapps right now and hoping that'll do the trick.

EDIT: KDH gapps did the trick. Thanks!

Last edited:

kijazz

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
NO panic here, just install swiftkey keyboard (or any other keyboard) from androind market or download it from 4shared.com, and install it in your phone. it works just fine.

Nighpher

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi

CC

Ahhhh this is just what I was looking for, I wish I read your post before restoring my ROM backup, time to flash again!

Heinzelmannchen

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
This didn't work for me. I downloaded the GApps link but i don't know how to reflash my device, power +home + vol up doesn't seem to work for me. I really need to get this fixed before tommorow if anyone can help me. I apologize for my impatience, and lack of expertise. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Heinzelmannchen

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
This didn't work for me. I downloaded the GApps link but i don't know how to reflash my device, power +home + vol up doesn't seem to work for me. I really need to get this fixed before tommorow if anyone can help me. I apologize for my impatience, and lack of expertise. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
I tried downloading the keyboard apk and it didn't work, can someone please offer me a helping hand? It seems like a quick fix, there's just that piece of information i don't know...any help?

Nicolae Dumitrescu

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for your advice. I just could't operate the phone with the keyboard. Indeed, I opened the Android keyboard app, i just reset and delete all data and disable and reenable the app, and everything worked perfectly:)