Micro SD Clarification

Desode

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm New to the S3,, I Couldn't pass up the Sprint Deal for the $50 upgrade. LOL

I have Been Digging around the Web for 7+hrs this evening, Which has Now Led me to No Sleep and it's now After 4 am ! HAHAH

I would really appreciate if any of you could give me Some Clarification on this SD Card issue with the S3 and apps storage.
I'm getting ready to order a Micro Sd card this week and honestly,,, I'm Exhausted from digging through threads, so I ask you to have some mercy on my Noob brain.

Basically what I have Learned so far IS:
You Can Not Move Apps to a added on SD Card (a believe the term is external), No way No How ?
From hours of reading threads UPON threads,, It appears that apps can Only be Moved from the Internal memory to a SD Card by rooting the phone ?
Correct ?

Now, My questions my questions for Clarification are about Options other then rooting and other then moving.

1. Can I Delete All my Apps and then install them again, But this time install them to a Micro Sd Card ?
Since I'm New to the phone I don't have all that many apps,, it's more so a Few Big games.

2. I read Some where,,, that this Issue is Only with apps that were bought from the Google Play store ?
Is there any truth to this ?
Can I purchase apps Some Place Else other then Google Play and Get them to install on a external SD card ?

3. Is it worth Getting a 64 gig card OR since this SD Card Mess,,,, should I just Get a 32 Gig Card ?
I ask this because this really limits the purchase of Apps and games for me,, If I can't buy a app and install it on a secondary (external) Card ,,,
whats the Point of buying apps ?
Is not Google Slitting their Own throats buy doing this ? LOL
It's Hard for me to believe that Anyone or Any Company could make Such a Poor business decision .

4. Is there Any LONG and Pain Full Ways Around this other then rooting?

As I have stated, I'm already willing to remove all my apps and install them YET again just to get them to a sd card Other then my S3's Internal memory,, and I'm Even willing to Re-purchase them From Another App store that will let me install them on added onto a external SD card.

5. In my tired state of mind,, Is there Any News that I have Missed about a Future Update that may becoming to Solve this INSANE problem ?

Anyhow,
I would GREATLY appreciate any Advice that any of you can give me.

I'll wrap this Up with a,,
Big Thanks you to All of you,,, For your Time and Consideration concerning this topic.. Sincerely Desode

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You call always get them back from the Playstore. And check out My Backup Pro app or a similar app backup app. Or simply move your apps to the internal storage before you change you card. Then put them back on the new card.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
No you can not put apps on your sdcard without rooting. It doesn't matter where you get your apps. This is a mtp phone as such, apps such as apps to sd will not work. There is only one way to do it. Root your phone and mod it to use you as card for phone memory and phone memory as the sdcard. That's it.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm already rooted.. running WS rom - what steps do i need to follow to make my SC Card the internal one when installing new apps?

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
oh i see... i was more looking like to move certain apps, so if i go with this route i would more than likely has to spend on a 64 sd card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781