Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scrolling problem on Sprint Galaxy S3

Has anyone had the problem since the Jellybean upgrade that frequently when you try to scroll the screen up or down the screen enlarges instead?

Default Re: Scrolling problem on Sprint Galaxy S3

It's an update as part of JB, and it only applied to the stock browser. I run Chrome and don't have the problem.. The upgrade made it to where if you scroll along the side of the screen, either right or left, it will zoom.. Scroll more towards the center of the screen and the problem fixes itself, or get another browser app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. If it's part of the JB update it's a lousy one. Very annoying. They should leave the two finger pinch zoom the way it is.

You can thank apple (and it's about to be thrown out patent) for the wonderful zoom feature.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    You can thank apple (and it's about to be thrown out patent) for the wonderful zoom feature.
    Is that really Apple's fault? The original pinch-to-zoom is still built in, they simply added another way to zoom...

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    Is that really Apple's fault? The original pinch-to-zoom is still built in, they simply added another way to zoom...
    Yes. Pinch to zoom and tap to zoom could not be the only ways to zoom in on a web page using a stock browser.
    Thanked by:

I found this feature by accident and actually I think it's quite awesome. Annoying to have to go two-handed to zoom, so I like being able to zoom just using my thumb.

BTW, it also works on the Gmail app...
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I found this feature by accident and actually I think it's quite awesome. Annoying to have to go two-handed to zoom, so I like being able to zoom just using my thumb.

BTW, it also works on the Gmail app...
    I also like this feature. They can't make everyone happy.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Seems to be a simple matter of giving the user a choice in settings to turn it on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman47 View Post
    Seems to be a simple matter of giving the user a choice in settings to turn it on or off.
    Or how about the user just move their finger over a quarter inch from the edge of the screen? It really isn't that big of a hassle.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

It is if you have to always be careful where you put your finger. Just put an option in settings to turn the feature on or off and everyone is satisfied. It's that simple.

Very glad I found this thread, thank you! Was driving me crazy. I do wish it could be turned off though, I have small hands, so I'm almost always zooming while trying to scroll. Will just start holding the phone different, but at least now I know why it keeps happening. Didn't know I could run Chrome as a browser either...will have to try that...

I also found the one finger zoom feature by accident on my Galaxy S3 and loved it, but when T-Mobil updated my phone from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, the one finger zoom feature is now gone. I can't find any settings that can turn it back on. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

It seems that I'm not the only individual that misses the fantastic single finger zooming option as a result of this past "update". I would definately appreciate it if someone could locate the ability to reestablish the capability on this phone.

Yes, I agree. I loved the 1 finger scrolling on the side of the screen, and I too am upset that post update, I can't seem to figure out how to enable it again. I sincerely hope that it did not go away forever, because I found it to be very convenient. Having to use both hands to zoom is just flat out annoying. Somebody please figure this out and help us turn it back on!