Scrolling problem on Sprint Galaxy S3

gooseman47

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had the problem since the Jellybean upgrade that frequently when you try to scroll the screen up or down the screen enlarges instead?

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It's an update as part of JB, and it only applied to the stock browser. I run Chrome and don't have the problem.. The upgrade made it to where if you scroll along the side of the screen, either right or left, it will zoom.. Scroll more towards the center of the screen and the problem fixes itself, or get another browser app

gooseman47

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. If it's part of the JB update it's a lousy one. Very annoying. They should leave the two finger pinch zoom the way it is.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I found this feature by accident and actually I think it's quite awesome. Annoying to have to go two-handed to zoom, so I like being able to zoom just using my thumb.

BTW, it also works on the Gmail app...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I found this feature by accident and actually I think it's quite awesome. Annoying to have to go two-handed to zoom, so I like being able to zoom just using my thumb.

BTW, it also works on the Gmail app...

I also like this feature. They can't make everyone happy.

gooseman47

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It is if you have to always be careful where you put your finger. Just put an option in settings to turn the feature on or off and everyone is satisfied. It's that simple.

Jill Walker

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Very glad I found this thread, thank you! Was driving me crazy. I do wish it could be turned off though, I have small hands, so I'm almost always zooming while trying to scroll. Will just start holding the phone different, but at least now I know why it keeps happening. Didn't know I could run Chrome as a browser either...will have to try that...

lgraf

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I also found the one finger zoom feature by accident on my Galaxy S3 and loved it, but when T-Mobil updated my phone from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, the one finger zoom feature is now gone. I can't find any settings that can turn it back on. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Salisbury

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
It seems that I'm not the only individual that misses the fantastic single finger zooming option as a result of this past "update". I would definately appreciate it if someone could locate the ability to reestablish the capability on this phone.

Bgood702

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I agree. I loved the 1 finger scrolling on the side of the screen, and I too am upset that post update, I can't seem to figure out how to enable it again. I sincerely hope that it did not go away forever, because I found it to be very convenient. Having to use both hands to zoom is just flat out annoying. Somebody please figure this out and help us turn it back on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair