Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock JB 4.1.1 / root

Default Device administrators

I notice com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver is listed as a device administrator on my phone.

Does anyone know what this is? Can/should it be removed?

Could it be related to Sprint Family Locator?

Thanks
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Device administrators

Interesting...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...ease-help.html

I just disabled it in titanium backup... and the administrator is gone. I will see if anything happens to my phone.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 12-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Do you have Microsoft Exchange email installed, with security enabled? I wonder if it's related to that, as the permissions (on mine, at least), all sound like the kinds of things Exchange security requires. On my device, btw, it doesn't say anything about controlling the microphone, as some of the people on your linked thread talk about.

My suspicion and that's all it is, is that it's loaded when another application needs services that need security controls.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Do you have Microsoft Exchange email installed, with security enabled? I wonder if it's related to that, as the permissions (on mine, at least), all sound like the kinds of things Exchange security requires. On my device, btw, it doesn't say anything about controlling the microphone, as some of the people on your linked thread talk about.

My suspicion and that's all it is, is that it's loaded when another application needs services that need security controls.
    I don't have exchange installed. It was still there. I am not all that worried about it but was just trying to figure out if it was safe to kill. I killed it and have not had any issues since killing it. Since I don't use exchange, I don't know if killing it breaks exchanged our not. I would be interested to know if anyone who uses exchange could freeze it like I did, and see if it affects exchange services.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    stock JB 4.1.1 / root

I do not have Microsoft exchange.
    Thread in other forum says the device administrator "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver" is only on Sprint phones.
    Froze mine.

I haven't rooted yet, but probably will during the holidays. After I root I can let you know if it affects Exchange.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:

I have the AT&T galaxy S3 and I have com.sec.sprexton.phoneinfo also. Im really at a loss as to what it does on my phone but I deleted it once and it caused calendar FC's.