- 10 Posts
Clockworkmod, TWRP, or Amon RA???
Just upgraded from an Evo 4G to the GS3. I used both Clockworkmod as well as Amon RA recoveries on my Evo, but always liked Amon RA better. I am getting ready to root my GS3 and will probably use skunkape60's guide. I don't think there is a version of Amon RA available for the GS3 (please correct me if I am wrong), so I will either use TWRP or Clockworkmod. My questions are:
What are the pros and cons of the 2 recoveries?
Is one generally any better than the other and why?
Can I install TWRP in place of Clockworkmod and still use the same instructions found in skunkape60's guide: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3 ?
- 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM #2Retired Ambassador
- 4,517 Posts
Re: Clockworkmod, TWRP, or Amon RA???
TWRP-You can compress the backups, name the backups in recovery, move files to and from your computer while in recovery and TWRP keeps all the files from each backup separate from each other. So when you delete a backup it deletes the whole backup.
CWM-you can't compress backups, you can't rename backups in recovery, you can't move files from your computer to your phone while in recovery and CWM mixes your data into a shared folder. Making it more difficult to clean up.
Amon Ra is pretty much HTC only. The developer didn't really expand much.
I am replacing the CMW with TWRP in my kits after work tonight. I will pm you when complete. This is something I've been planning on doing anyway. Might as well do it tonight.
- By fenrix in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2011, 12:21 PM
- By Tower72 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-09-2011, 03:12 AM
- By Jason Black in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM
- By SmokeCrawler in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
- By Ryanbradley in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM