Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tat21985
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default keyboard calibration?

Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the keyboard? Originally I thought it was FFS (fat finger syndrome) but I've come to the conclusion it is not. More often than not, the period hits M and I'm nowhere near the m. I have to hit the extreme lower portiob of the period button before it does a period. There are other letters that get bumped a lot too but the ./m is most annoying.

Thanks

Default Re: keyboard calibration?

Is it just the keyboard that you're having issues with? If you go into the dialer, and type in *#0*#, then select the touch square, you test the sensitivity of all areas of the screen including the .m area..
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the suggestion, i had tried that before and hadnt noticed anything odd while doing that.

Other than that, you could try another keyboard app, there are plenty out there, and see if the same happens on a different keyboard. That's probably about as helpful as I can be on this subject, lol.

Hey! i am having that same issue!! Did you ever find out what that was happening?

My 2 cents i tried using the stock keyboard for awhile and finally i looked around for other option and downloaded swiftkey and have been using it since with no issue

But i have gave the stock keyboard a try after 4.1.2 and it is much much better
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    Other than that, you could try another keyboard app, there are plenty out there, and see if the same happens on a different keyboard. That's probably about as helpful as I can be on this subject, lol.
    Try the new Kii keyboard. It's in beta, but I've found it to be pretty good. Plus, if it is FFS, you can resize the keys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I've not figured out what to do/how to fix it, i end up just turning the phone sideways....or if i go to the symbol page to hit the period, it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeriallllllxo View Post
    Hey! i am having that same issue!! Did you ever find out what that was happening?

Swiftkey allows you to set the size of the keyboard, in both views. Helped me immensely.

If you go into "settings","developer's options","input" and check the box for "show touches", what you'll begin to see is a white circle wherever your finger hits the screen. Watching this on your keyboard you'll begin to see how much area that covers and in some cases it overlaps more then one key area. This may be what's causing keys being registered that you didn't intend. If we had a way to narrow that touch area, I think it would solve this problem significantly.
    Thanked by:
    gnr_2 

Having the same issue with my at&t gsiii! Pushing "." either makes an "m" or a space. I watch where I touch, and it's NOWHERE near the "m" or space keys. Sometimes, I can even touch near the "back" button and it will still make an "m" instead. It's so annoying. Would love to know if you find a fix... this is probably - unfortunately - a software error.

Try a different keyboard from the play store and see if it has the same problem. If so, it would seem to be a hardware issue.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.