- 77 Posts
Swype problem after Android 4.0.1 -> 4.1.1 update, won't let me edit words in certain input boxes
I'm not 100% certain it started happening after the 4.1.1 update but I believe so.
The behavior is as follows: using Swype on certain input boxes (like commenting on m.facebook.com in the browser for example), if I enter a word (and mistype it for example) and hit space, if i try to backspace to the word and enter new letters in that word, the letter appears quickly then disappears. It won't let me add any new characters anywhere in the word. I have to delete the whole word and type it over again.
This is perhaps the most annoying bug I've ever come across. My friend says he has the same problem but with text messages. It doesn't seem to happen all the time for me in text messages.Sent from my Galecksee S3.
- 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM #2
- 15 Posts
Try swiftkey flow..you can't swipe when typing in a url in the browser but it is sometimes more accurate than Swype..I use both and I can't tell which one I like better..been using Swype beta since the first beta came out a couple years ago..
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-27-2012, 10:49 AM #3
- By zippersmith in forum Phone WarsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM
- By lev.b in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 8Last Post: 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM
- By bluelead in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2012, 02:35 AM
- By CavemanOOGA in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 45Last Post: 12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
- By ericks17 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM