Help - all of a sudden my computer can't see my SG3
This morning I updated Kies on my phone (just so it would go away in the "apps that need updates" section) - and now I can't see my phone from my pc. I don't have Kies ON my pc. Windows update was 12/12 and it's been working since then. Tried several usb cables and all make the connection for CHARGING sound but not the connection to PC sound. I've uninstalled and installed the drivers - still nothing... Rebooted all around, still nothing... I have also "uninstalled" the updates to Kies and gone back to the previous version via Titanium backup - still not working. Is there a setting in the phone that I've forgotten about!? It just seems like the phone isn't allowing itself to be seen by the pc.
There has to be something I'm missing.
Just tried connecting a Replenish using the USB cable, and it is seen - same with a SG2.....
- 12-20-2012, 07:23 PM #2
Re: Help - all of a sudden my computer can't see my SG3
Try deleting KIES from your phone in the application manager. Since Kies is preinstalled, you'll only delete the updates and get back to the OEM version. Maybe that will fix it again.
If that doesn't work, I had a similar problem on my Galaxy Tab (although not after a Kies update). I ended up finding Samsung drivers on the interwebz and installing them on the PC, which solved that problem.
- 12-20-2012, 08:15 PM #3
- 12-20-2012, 11:13 PM #4
- By CatB in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 17Last Post: 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM
- By craigrn16 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2011, 09:03 AM
- By Austin-Black#AC in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
- By eye4ni in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 11-01-2010, 09:31 PM
- By newmomto1 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 09-20-2010, 04:03 AM