Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

865 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Default Help - all of a sudden my computer can't see my SG3

This morning I updated Kies on my phone (just so it would go away in the "apps that need updates" section) - and now I can't see my phone from my pc. I don't have Kies ON my pc. Windows update was 12/12 and it's been working since then. Tried several usb cables and all make the connection for CHARGING sound but not the connection to PC sound. I've uninstalled and installed the drivers - still nothing... Rebooted all around, still nothing... I have also "uninstalled" the updates to Kies and gone back to the previous version via Titanium backup - still not working. Is there a setting in the phone that I've forgotten about!? It just seems like the phone isn't allowing itself to be seen by the pc.

There has to be something I'm missing.

Just tried connecting a Replenish using the USB cable, and it is seen - same with a SG2.....

Default Re: Help - all of a sudden my computer can't see my SG3

Try deleting KIES from your phone in the application manager. Since Kies is preinstalled, you'll only delete the updates and get back to the OEM version. Maybe that will fix it again.

If that doesn't work, I had a similar problem on my Galaxy Tab (although not after a Kies update). I ended up finding Samsung drivers on the interwebz and installing them on the PC, which solved that problem.

Try connecting to a different USB port on the computer and turning on debugging mode in developer settings.

This message brought to you by my SPH-L710 aka Sprint Galaxy S3 on CM10 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

4,518 Posts

Getting rid of kies fixed her problems. Thanks guys.