Flight application to add flights to my calendar

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Palm Pre and webOS there was a free application called FlightView that allowed you to look up a flight and add it your calendar stored under a local account. Simple as that. Now that I've moved on to the S3 I found the same application but that functionality is now part of the paid version. Ok no problem but I'm thinking there has to be a free app that does this seemingly simple task.

The closest I could find is TripIt. It does this by creating a calendar subscription which you can then add to your Google account and then that will sync with your S3. Ive tried it and it seems to not display subscription events.

monkeydog

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I also used FlightView on webOS and have switched to using TripIt, but I'm able to see the events on my calendar. I like TripIt better because I can see all of my trip events, not just the flights.

Are you able to see your events when you look at Google Calendar on the web? That's the first step, getting them to your phone would be the second step.

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
yeah the calendar wasnt checked on. its working now but if u edit your trip it doesnt sync to your calendar right away. the solution posted in the tripit site is to go to your tripit settings, refresh your calendar feed (this generates a new link), then add that subscription to your google calendar but replace webcal:\\ with http:\\.