Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By piizzadude
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reports of S3 dying

I found this story and I'll admit, I had a mini heart attack. I did some more searching, including looking through the XDA forum thread discussing this issue, and it seems as though it only affects the international version. My question would be, is there anyone on this forum in the US that has experienced this? I know there is probably no way of preventing it from happening, but I just thought maybe more people would like to know about this..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Reports of S3 dying

Every mass assembly has flaws. You cannot prevent it. Maybe someone sneezed on a batch going through the line.

My point is that there is an acceptable percentage of failures in manufacturing anything. With 40 million units sold, even 250000 would be acceptable. They are replacing them under warranty not shying away. The only reason is is news at all is that a few people are really being loud and that the sgs3 is popular.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Thanked by:
    sledge007 and KatMCoon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    The only reason is is news at all is that a few people are really being loud and that the sgs3 is popular.
    I think if you dug far enough you would find Apple behind this article in some way.

I read the article and found it informative, just that and not much more because as stated by others with over 30 million units sold you have to expect some to be faulty but a responsible company would jump on the matter out the gate to calm fears by reporting that if phones develop that problem they will replace them to which Samsung did, thus calming any fear that I might have since I had mine day one since its' release on Sprint without a sinle problem or even with the JB update. mind you knocking on wood though!

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Every mass assembly has flaws. You cannot prevent it. Maybe someone sneezed on a batch going through the line.

My point is that there is an acceptable percentage of failures in manufacturing anything. With 40 million units sold, even 250000 would be acceptable. They are replacing them under warranty not shying away. The only reason is is news at all is that a few people are really being loud and that the sgs3 is popular.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    This. My friend had a new iphone 5... After the 2nd month his button on the top to lock / unlock completely stopped working. He had it replaced under warranty and is good to go.

As pizza said... There will be flaws with some phones when they are mass produced. Cant stop it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Quote Originally Posted by duddy23b View Post
    I read the article and found it informative, just that and not much more because as stated by others with over 30 million units sold you have to expect some to be faulty but a responsible company would jump on the matter out the gate to calm fears by reporting that if phones develop that problem they will replace them to which Samsung did, thus calming any fear that I might have since I had mine day one since its' release on Sprint without a sinle problem or even with the JB update. mind you knocking on wood though!
    +1, I haven't had any issues with my SIII, so chalk it up a bad batch. These issues come up from time to time. Samsung seems to be on top of the problem so I wouldn't worry about it.