Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Default Re: SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed

You win...

But I would never buy a phone that was under $300 off contract. Those phones aren't even top of the line. (Notice how I said under $300)

Stock Sprint GSIII lover!

Bask and others just take a chill pill. This thread isn't about who is better (Sprint or T mobile)... It's simply about people who are getting 4g LTE from Sprint on their phones and what speeds...

Please don't turn this into a versus thread. Everything on these forums seems to turn into a versus which gets VERY old.

I don't go troll T mobile sections or ATT/Verizon ones to quote why I like Sprint more........ Will I go help with PHONE issues in other carriers areas? Sure we can do that... But specific carrier things I don't run in and try to throw a jab or brag about why I have something over the carrier.

You chose your carrier.. Grats.. Enjoy it. Keep the thread on topic and not on turning it into who is better. In the end everyone loses... Why? It's an OPINION and people can't be wrong if they think something is better than the other... It's their opinion.

Thanks.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 5:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Bask and others just take a chill pill. This thread isn't about who is better (Sprint or T mobile)... It's simply about people who are getting 4g LTE from Sprint on their phones and what speeds...

Please don't turn this into a versus thread. Everything on these forums seems to turn into a versus which gets VERY old.

I don't go troll T mobile sections or ATT/Verizon ones to quote why I like Sprint more........ Will I go help with PHONE issues in other carriers areas? Sure we can do that... But specific carrier things I don't run in and try to throw a jab or brag about why I have something over the carrier.

You chose your carrier.. Grats.. Enjoy it. Keep the thread on topic and not on turning it into who is better. In the end everyone loses... Why? It's an OPINION and people can't be wrong if they think something is better than the other... It's their opinion.

Thanks.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    I was just about to post the same thing. I started this thread to compare Sprint LTE speeds on the GSIII, not start a war.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Dalton View Post
    What Sprint is doing (and this is purely hear-say) is upgrading there towers to switch seamlessly between basic, 3g and LTE coverage depending on which tower you connect to. By doing this you will experience a more dependable network like ATT's or Verizons. Granted they are a bit late to the ball game but as they say "better late than never." I will be much happier receiving unlimited data when Sprint finally goes wide-spread with their LTE. But I have to say. I bought the Evo 4G when it first came out and was disappointed that there was no 4g coverage anywhere near me. I live in STL and have seen 4g only once and it showed up and left as quick as it came. So I got the S3, Love the phone but, I am a cable technician and I am required to use my phone to enter data for the company. And I am frequently losing signal or have a spotty and slow connection in some area's. Hell one day It said I had 4 bars and my browser kept saying no connection. I'm sure they were working on their networks in that area. I've been a Sprint customer for a long time. And will continue to be one. It doesn't matter if you finish first in the race. It matters that you finish the race period. And by sprint taking their time and watching what the other carriers are doing is actually a wise decision. This has been a proven strategy for other companies as well, Take Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft for instance. When Sega released the DreamCast it was awesome. But the other three sat back and built off of Sega's Ideas and came out with the best three gaming consoles ever imagined. That is why there hasn't been a new system since 2005 when the Xbox 360 was released. That is until Recently when Nintendo unveiled their Wii U console.

I know this isn't a video game website, I used that scenario as an example of the point I was trying to get across.
    Just a thought, I am in Nashville and before Sprint started deploying the LTE network the 3g network sucked. Worst then it ever had before. As they began to light up the LTE and newer provisioned 3g gear, when on 3g I notice a great difference in the 3g speed prior to this process. You could be experiencing this in your region. It gets worse before it gets better. At least that is what I experienced.
    April920 likes this.

ROM
    MOAR 9

I know I am seeing the worse starting to show up in the Philly area, every day is different never know what to expect.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Work has begun on the 4G LTE network in the following additional areas:
    Albany, GA
    Anderson, SC
    Bay City, MI
    Branson, MO
    Bremerton/Silverdale, WA
    Columbus, GA
    Columbus, MS
    Decatur, AL
    Florence/Muscle Shoals, AL
    Gadsden, AL
    Gaffney, SC
    Gettysburg, PA
    Glasgow, KY
    Homosassa Springs, FL
    Hot Springs, AR
    Lake City, FL
    Lake Havasu City/Kingman, AZ
    Midland, MI
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Opelousas/Eunice, LA
    Oxford, MS
    Paris, TX
    Pittsfield, MA
    Saginaw, MI
    Spartanburg, SC
    The Villages, FL
    Waycross, GA
    Winona, MN

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Minor correction to what you said.

That list isn't a list of areas that are starting to be worked on, that list is a list of cities that are officially launched.

Generally launch means that they are between 40-60% done and stable.

This is why you see the smaller cities launched before the larger. It is easier to cover 40% of gettysburg then it is to cover 40% of philly

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Default SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed

I have LTE now just fired up in my town last week. I live 50 miles away from KC MO.
    DWR_31 likes this.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hot94Z28 View Post
    I have LTE now just fired up in my town last week. I live 50 miles away from KC MO. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/28/2ybygyny.jpg
    Why does it say Verizon LTE at the top of the screen shot?

I have LTE now just fired up in my town last week. I live 50 miles away from KC MO. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/28/2ybygyny.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DWR_31 View Post
    Why does it say Verizon LTE at the top of the screen shot?

He is using a iPhone 5 and on Verizon. Looks like he didn't notice this is the Sprint forum.. Even though the title of the thread has Sprint as well. :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

No pointing out LTE speeds with Verizon. I have a friend that the most he gets is 16 down and he lives in KC with sprint. I have heard that Sprint sets a limit on download speeds can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I'm sorry if you don't want to compare the speeds I myself was thinking of going with Sprint. I found that all I can do is roam in my area and Verizon has LTE now where I live. I do have to pay more than if I was on sprint and I'm sure my situation is not the same for all. I was hoping to find speeds the same as what AT&T and Verizon is getting but have found that with my friend that is not the case.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I also have a galaxy nexus I use also but it's at Samsung getting fixed for the second time for the SIM card reader not working.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

No pointing out LTE speeds with Verizon. I have a friend that the most he gets is 16 down and he lives in KC with sprint. I have heard that Sprint sets a limit on download speeds can anyone confirm?

False bro. Sprint doesn't throttle period. Your speeds vary depending on various situations. I'm in Chicago and the highest I've seen is almost 40mb at night.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    April920 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

This has been said before, Sprint's LTE is on 5 mhz carrier, Verizon is using a 10 mhz carrier, speeds will be different on the maximum you can get. If they were using the same channel width then you can compare it to each other.
    7cf26b0d

I'm sorry if you don't want to compare the speeds I myself was thinking of going with Sprint. I found that all I can do is roam in my area and Verizon has LTE now where I live. I do have to pay more than if I was on sprint and I'm sure my situation is not the same for all. I was hoping to find speeds the same as what AT&T and Verizon is getting but have found that with my friend that is not the case.

Compare? Who said anything about comparing in this thread? This thread was for us with Sprint LTE to post our speeds.. We don't want to compare others as we want to see what we are all getting on LTE for Sprint around the country.

So no.. We don't want to compare. That's cool you went to Verizon due to roaming on Sprint... No one blames you. But just don't post speedtests for LTE on Verizon in a Sprint thread when the original poster wants us all to compare our Sprint speeds.. That's why he posted here. We don't go post our speeds in the Verizon section or ATT one.. Because... They would do the same. Wonder why are we posting speed tests for different carriers in their carriers section.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Sorry I was drunk when I first started to post here I should restrict my tapatalk usage when drinking lol.

In Dresden, MO

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Real good speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Just got my s3 and what do you know. I get 4g lte in most areas in Jax now. Tech guy in the store said it just rolled out in early March here. Worth the wait. Almost got rid of sprint too. All good!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Gorman View Post
    Just got my s3 and what do you know. I get 4g lte in most areas in Jax now. Tech guy in the store said it just rolled out in early March here. Worth the wait. Almost got rid of sprint too. All good.
    Yeah it's becoming more widespread in Jacksonville. I got these on Baymeadows.

We aren't officially launched so it's still sort of spotty.. But at least we know with each day passing they are building it out more and more .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed-uploadfromtaptalk1363189031500.jpg   SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed-uploadfromtaptalk1363189055151.jpg  

Mine are horrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed-screenshot_2013-03-13-17-54-26.png  
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?

Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    Mine are horrible.
    That's 3g...ours are LTE...

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My daily Chicago speeds:beer:

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed-uploadfromtaptalk1363278322070.jpg  

it switches from 4g to 3g on and off. it was 4g when I did the test then 3g afterwards.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast