Can't delete MP3 file from micro SD card

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I want to delete these MP3 files from my SD card and put some new ones on. I can't delete them because it says they are copyright protected or something like that. That's impossible because these are just MP3s I made myself from audio recordings of outside sounds. No music or anything like that whatsoever. How come these files are write-protected? I never made any modification to them. How do I get rid of the write protection so I can delete them? If it helps, I am stock rooted, but I did get rid of some of those annoying media files (i.e. DRM) that drained my battery.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to delete these MP3 files from my SD card and put some new ones on. I can't delete them because it says they are copyright protected or something like that. That's impossible because these are just MP3s I made myself from audio recordings of outside sounds. No music or anything like that whatsoever. How come these files are write-protected? I never made any modification to them. How do I get rid of the write protection so I can delete them? If it helps, I am stock rooted, but I did get rid of some of those annoying media files (i.e. DRM) that drained my battery.

I haven't had that problem but you could try freezing drm in titanium.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my micro sd card I couldnt delete anything. What I did to fix it was put my sd card into a card reader take anything off I wanted to keep then formatted my sd card to fat32. I haven't had the problem since

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my micro sd card I couldnt delete anything. What I did to fix it was put my sd card into a card reader take anything off I wanted to keep then formatted my sd card to fat32. I haven't had the problem since

Thanks. I was just about to suggest this.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion. Have to ask what fat32 is.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Fat32 is a paticular file system for your sd card. You can format any storage device to the file system you need. After you remove the files you want, right click the mouse and choose format then you pick fat32

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Have to ask what fat32 is.

Fat32 is a file system that is compatible with the gs3. If you have an sdcard smaller than 32gbs it is probably already formatted in fat32 and you would just be reformatting it.

If you have a card reader on your computer, just download EaseUSPartition Master and format the sdcard to fat32. Formatting the card will wipe your card. So make sure you are only wiping the card and not your computer drives. Also you will need to move your files from your card to your computer if you want to save them.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Fat32 is a paticular file system for your sd card. You can format any storage device to the file system you need. After you remove the files you want, right click the mouse and choose format then you pick fat32

This also depends on the size of card. If his card is larger than 16gb (may be 32gb) windows will not give you the option to format to fat32. If that is the case, he will have to use a tool such as the one I posted above.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I was pondering on how to answer his question. And you answered it perfect and complete