cracked screen.What's Asurion experience like these days? Updated

robnelle

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I was taking my phone out of a hard to open case to put in a different case and while doing so, the phone fell about 18 inches onto concrete.*cry* The glass lens on the front now has several spider web cracks starting from the upper left hand corner and spreading to cover about a third of the the screen area. I love this phone but it is crazy delicate! Anyhoo, I have Sprint's TEP and I am prepared to call Asurion but I have been reading reports of Asurion having a hard time keeping gs3s in stock and people waiting 2 and 3 weeks for their phones to come in. Anybody who has filed a claim with Asurion recently who can tell me how long it took for you to receive your phone and whether it was new or refurb? Do you get the same color you originally had or does Asurion just send you whatever color is available? Can I still put the deductible on my Sprint bill? Other than the lens cracks, the phone works fine and the damage is only cosmetic- it just bugs the heck out of me to see the beautiful phone look so bad- plus I don't want to cut my ear on the sharp glass edges. Any input?

Thanks and have a happy New Year!

Last edited:

sipimpin#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just cracked screen....What's the Asurion experience like these days?

I replaced mine using Asurion a month ago and got a new phone within two days of filing the claim. The new phone looked new brand new and not refurbished. Deductible is paid when you go through the Asurion website and you get the same color and memory space.

robnelle

May 20, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to follow up. I did file the Asurion claim. I was able to charge the deductible to my Sprint bill which I did. I got next day shipping free. I know with some carriers, you have to pay extra for it. I received a refurbed phone same color and mem capacity as the one I had. It comes with a Samsung 90 day refurb warranty card which makes me think the phone was refurbed by Samsung directly. It did not come with any accessories whatsoever. No battery or headphones. Literally just the phone itself in bubble wrap encased in a white box, the warranty card and the old phone return envelope. Curious thing I noticed about the refurb phone- it didn't have a water damage sticker under the battery compartment like my original phone has. I wonder why.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the update...always good to know how those warranty things work out. My guess for the water damage sticker thing...not to be sarcastic, but I will...it was probably originally water damaged and perhaps they fixed it! :) I'm kind of joking, but kind of not...who can really know to what lengths they will refurb items? Regardless...as long as it works perfectly, that's the important part.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci