Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Average battery life.

I'm just curious what everyone's average battery life is on their S3? And if any of you have tips to save battery life please share. I usually get about 8 to 10 maybe 12 out of mine. And that's with my bluetooth, wifi and moderate to heavy usage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Average battery life.

Lol... Thanked you by mistake. I am lucky to get 10 hours. I normally get closer to 8.5 to 9 hours. This is both acceptable and expected for me.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 12-28-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I've read that some people get 15 to 20 hours. So I'm like how in the world can you get that out of this phone. Some have said that they get with moderate use. I guess they are full of it lol. I would love to get that out of a smart phone.

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Average about 10 hrs...actually USING mah phone.

sent from a Galaxy S3 near you

18-19 hours moderate to heavy use. No wifi, bluetooth, etc on all the time. Screen about 35%, power saving on and I'm on LTE and still get that battery time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1356772044455.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

3-4 hrs screen on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    3-4 hrs screen on time.
    I generally have 5-6 hours of on screen time. My screen brightness is about 35%.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

I normally get 8 to 11 hours with gps on and 10 to 13 hours with off, I know it sounds to good to believe but I first discharged the battery by allowing it to cut itself off through lack of power, after that I started to get this incredible battery usage. As long as I do not play games or text a whole lot I get those hours otherwise texting, playing games etc. then I get about 6 to 8 hours.

GPS is a battery eater and I'm shocked how much turning my screen brightness down has helped. Take it off auto and turn it down below 50%. I was always a 100% person, but it only took a few hours to get used to each drop in brightness level. Doing that can save so much battery.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

About 3 hours of screen time. Very heavy use 6-7 hours. Moderate use 8-10.

I blame the heavy use drain mainly on the slow 3g...But lte is close so I can wait .

The screenshot below is with light use (1hr 15min scree time). I did some streaming at the end of work Friday around 4 PM and took it off the charger a little before 4 (AT 100)... And was texting last night / browsing Android Central.. Same as today.

[Edit]
    There we go picture added. It wasn't playing nice and adding it the first time :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

According to GSAM Battery Monitor I average 46hrs.

Depending on signal strength, I can get as much as 16 hours and 3.5 to 4.5 hours of screen time. The most screen time I have gotten is 6.5 hours. Wish I could do that every day.

3-4 hours screen on auto heavy use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

My average with 2hrs of calls, GPS and WiFi or tethering on most the time is in down to 50% after 8hrs. That's awesome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by weston87 View Post
    Well I've read that some people get 15 to 20 hours. So I'm like how in the world can you get that out of this phone. Some have said that they get with moderate use. I guess they are full of it lol. I would love to get that out of a smart phone.
    Full of it? You callin' me a liar? This was over a weekend, on wifi most of the time, and light use, but 15 to 20 hours is quite doable. I typically get 12 to 15 on a full charge. I don't sync to twitter or facebook, but do get quite a bit of email, have google now enabled, and Google's Field Trip app running in the background. GPS is turned on all the time, but Android only actually turns it on when an app requests location services.

Average battery life.-screenshot_2013-01-13-12-49-58.png
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Full of it? You callin' me a liar? This was over a weekend, on wifi most of the time, and light use, but 15 to 20 hours is quite doable. I typically get 12 to 15 on a full charge. I don't sync to twitter or facebook, but do get quite a bit of email, have google now enabled, and Google's Field Trip app running in the background. GPS is turned on all the time, but Android only actually turns it on when an app requests location services.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-13-12-49-58.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	57188
    These stats mean nothing without a photo of screen of time.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    luqman24 likes this.

Not at all. They mean that his statement that people who claim 15-20 hour of battery life are full of it is, well, full of it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    Rooted, EB13

I typically get 16 hours or so on my phone with moderate use. Wifi on, GPS on, 4G off, 3G on. I disable notifications for all apps except gmail and don't use google now. I have noticed if I have Facebook notifications on then the battery life drops to around 12 hours or so. I will post a picture at end of today.
    Just my $2 worth.

It used to be my 2 cents worth but things have gone up a bit because of inflation.

I usually get 16-18 hours on 3G and even longer on WiFi

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1358929114808.jpg   Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1358929126279.jpg  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

12 - 15 hours here.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

If I'm in a poor signal area, I may turn on Roam Control to force roaming if I know there's a strong roaming signal there, otherwise, I just turn mobile data off (I can still get texts and calls). Not having data on when in a poor signal area is a great battery saver.

ROM
    Rooted, EB13

Using my new anker 4400 battery and Juice Defender.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360177071625.jpg   Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360177086982.jpg   Average battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360177127404.jpg  
    Just my $2 worth.

It used to be my 2 cents worth but things have gone up a bit because of inflation.

16-20 heavy is usage 24-28 normal

4300 mah

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens