Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Ntchwaidumela
  • 2 Post By Tkbredx
  • 1 Post By GRazor71
  • 1 Post By tat21985
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    coachpelkey's Avatar
    Man of La Mancha

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Hello
    Being new to the phone, I am curious about your must have apk for this hunk of burning love.

    I am not rooted, but am finding ways to at least freeze or force stop the bloatware that wears it down.

    These are the apps I use:
    App Monster Pro
    Call Logs Backup and Restore
    Clean Master
    Dropbox
    Flipboard (love it)
    G Tunes Music Download
    MX Player
    Pandora
    Player Pro
    Quick Office Pro
    Google Translate (I teach and it helps getting the point across sometimes)
    Facebook/Twitter
    Zedge
    oh...Juice Defender and Ultimate Juice

    Not alot of games...but 2500 songs on my 32gb card. I wish I could put some of the apk on there too (I know need to root it)

    Just was curious what you have, or cannot live without.....I have noticed similar lists, but nothing really geared toward this phone.

    I am looking to put a launcher on it, used go launcher in the past with my evo....

    Please and thank you.

    Coach
  2. #2  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
    Hello
    Being new to the phone, I am curious about your must have apk for this hunk of burning love.

    I am not rooted, but am finding ways to at least freeze or force stop the bloatware that wears it down.

    These are the apps I use:
    App Monster Pro
    Call Logs Backup and Restore
    Clean Master
    Dropbox
    Flipboard (love it)
    G Tunes Music Download
    MX Player
    Pandora
    Player Pro
    Quick Office Pro
    Google Translate (I teach and it helps getting the point across sometimes)
    Facebook/Twitter
    Zedge
    oh...Juice Defender and Ultimate Juice

    Not alot of games...but 2500 songs on my 32gb card. I wish I could put some of the apk on there too (I know need to root it)

    Just was curious what you have, or cannot live without.....I have noticed similar lists, but nothing really geared toward this phone.

    I am looking to put a launcher on it, used go launcher in the past with my evo....

    Please and thank you.

    Coach
    I'm rooted so my must have app is titanium backup. As for juice defender I would throw it away. None of the so called battery saving apps are worth poopoo. They normally cause more issues than they help.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    What apps got you through 2012?

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/member-favorites/

    I don't think there's anything so unique about this phone that the above lists aren't relevant.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    coachpelkey's Avatar
    Man of La Mancha

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    wow ok, thank you for the information. I am sorry.
  5. #5  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
    wow ok, thank you for the information. I am sorry.
    Sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    You might want to give Swiftkey 3 or Swiftkey Flow Beta a try. And maybe Nova Launcher (if you like it, you can upgrade to Prime) and GO SMS Pro (which is free).
    sledge007 likes this.
  7. #7  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    1,855 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Nova Launcher Prime is the best hands down. It'll cost you but trust me the amount of support Ave enhancement to your phone is worth much more than 4 measly dollars.

    Llama Profiles is also a must have check it out
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela and sledge007 like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
    wow ok, thank you for the information. I am sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about.
    Agreed, no reason to apologize. We're all here to learn and to help. I was just pointing you to some threads that might help.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    You might want to give Swiftkey 3 or Swiftkey Flow Beta a try. And maybe Nova Launcher (if you like it, you can upgrade to Prime) and GO SMS Pro (which is free).
    FWIW and IMHO Swiftkey Flow Beta and GO SMS Pro are top notch for my uses. Going to try Nova.
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by GRazor71 View Post
    FWIW and IMHO Swiftkey Flow Beta and GO SMS Pro are top notch for my uses. Going to try Nova.


    Nova Prime is SWEET lol.. I have swiftkey 3 now. I tried the flow beta, LOVED it, but it was eating up a lot of my battery.. I use Chrome simply because I hate the stock browser, and I can sync Chrome with my laptop. For wallpapers, I use Picspeed, I go to Zedge for ringtones. GO SMS pro is awesome simply for all of the customization it offers,and I use Dropbox to sideload fonts..
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  11. #11  
    mcasas's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    ROM
    stock for now

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    this isnt an app but if you root you can install the photosphere camera and its pretty awesome
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    coachpelkey's Avatar
    Man of La Mancha

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    I have nova launcher, prime...just got it this morning....want to play with it, but wont put it on there until I can have time to mess with it.
    I was just curious, saw alot of cool screen shots on the home screen section above...was curious what everyone uses...when people post pics of their home screens, not everyone puts what they use.

    thank you either way.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by mcasas View Post
    this isnt an app but if you root you can install the photosphere camera and its pretty awesome
    Does this work on a stock GS3? I thought it required a rooted device and non-Touchwiz ROM?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
  14. #14  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Does this work on a stock GS3? I thought it required a rooted device and non-Touchwiz ROM?
    He did say if you root... i believe it works with touchwiz.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    You're correct. I'm skimming through these posts too quickly. I'll have to give it a try.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
  16. #16  
    DoesItMatter's Avatar

    Posts
    294 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3

    Roam Control

    Definitely need this one if you get spotty coverage.

    ---

    My phone dropped 30-40% of available battery in about 4 hours

    Forced Roam mode with Roam control and in the same amount of time it only dropped about 10% battery

    That constant signal searching can really suck the battery life
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Must Have Apk for Sprint S3



    This is a screenshot of my phone now, it changes daily.. I have Nova prime, with the notification bar hidden, using a local weather widget, Bobclockd3, and battery widget? Reborn! (don't laugh) it's actually pretty cool.. For my apps, I used Simple Text to keep it kinda minimal.. I keep my phone, contacts, Voicemail, Camera, and gallery hidden on my dock..
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Must have apps for S3.....
    By Jim101 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
  2. Must have Apps for the Nexus-S
    By Zorachus in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
  3. Must-Have Apps for the Charge?
    By ellje in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
  4. Must Have Apps for this phone?
    By mdwright1032 in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
  5. Must-have APPS for a NEW USER?
    By ali.fazal in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions