Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Atlienzz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd Weather Widget thing when I unlock the phone...help.

When I turn on the phone and swipe through the lock screen to get into the phone...I get a weather "thing" floating across the screen (clouds, windshield wipers, sunshine, etc) that I either need to wait to go away (roughly 5 seconds or so) or I need to tap the screen for it to go away. My wife's S3 doesn't do this nor my other friends who have it.

What is it?

Why is it there?

I can't find a single reason in settings that it is happening.

Thank you all.

Default Re: Odd Weather Widget thing when I unlock the phone...help.

What weather app are you using? This is a feature in at least one weather app (that I'm aware of); animation. You should be able to shut it off by going into the app's menu and turning off the animation feature.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    What weather app are you using? This is a feature in at least one weather app (that I'm aware of); animation. You should be able to shut it off by going into the app's menu and turning off the animation feature.
    I have the stock weather app (on the widget with the clock and calender) and The Weather Channel app (which I deleted) but it still is happening.

ROM
    ACS Syndicate Frozen 1.1

Do you have beautiful widgets?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, but I'm not currently using any of them...after the last update the really great clock/weather widget they had was deleted. Do you think that's it?

ROM
    ACS Syndicate Frozen 1.1

Well all I can say is I had the exact same issue as you and didn't like it, I went into the beautiful widgets settings and turned off "unlock animations" and it went away. Even though you may not be using the widget it could still be causing your issue, it's worth a shot.
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela and fetterjohn like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Atlienzz View Post
    Well all I can say is I had the exact same issue as you and didn't like it, I went into the beautiful widgets settings and turned off "unlock animations" and it went away. Even though you may not be using the widget it could still be causing your issue, it's worth a shot.
    Genius!!! You sir are my hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlienzz View Post
    That's exactly what I thought was causing it, which is why I asked what weather app fetterjohn was using. It was particularly annoying on my tablet. I shut down Beautiful Widgets and Beautiful Widgets Animations. I use BeWeather Pro as my weather app, and find it to be excellent.

I use HD widgets. Can have them outrageous or have them minimalistic depending on my mood. So far, I have not had a problem with them detecting where I'm at. Including small little shiot holes in the middle of nowhere!