Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dad2noah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another neat trick from google now

I'm getting ready for a business trip, and google now just told me my flight is on time, gate info, directions to the airport ( both side to and from where I'm going and staying) and all that jazz.
    Very very cool
    cherrywithns likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default Re: Another neat trick from google now

Quote Originally Posted by dad2noah View Post
    I'm getting ready for a business trip, and google now just told me my flight is on time, gate info, directions to the airport ( both side to and from where I'm going and staying) and all that jazz.
    Very very cool
    How did it know you were going on a trip though lol? I have seen that you can link it up to your GMail and if you buy something off lets say eBay or Amazon your package info (assuming there's a tracking # with it) will show up on Google Now. I buy TONS of stuff from eBay but I've never gotten that card yet...

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Probably because they sent him his boarding passes and whatnot to his Gmail account and Google Now pulled the information.. Just like Google Now pulls information when you buy something at Amazon or Ebay or another E-Tailer.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by bkosh84 View Post
    Probably because they sent him his boarding passes and whatnot to his Gmail account and Google Now pulled the information.. Just like Google Now pulls information when you buy something at Amazon or Ebay or another E-Tailer.
    That's what I was just talkin bout! I have Google Now linked to my GMail account and like I said, I buy stuff from eBay all the time and never get any cards from it!

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Those reading this with Google Music can you tell me if Google now works when you say "listen to (whatever song you gave in your Google Music) "

Your search queries also tells Google now a lot. I've searched information about a flight. From that point forward, the card concerning that flight always showed up telling me what the status was. Also, once maps determined my location at an airport, the card for directions to the airport always showed up too.

Sent from my SPH-L710

i just tried it on my GS3 and i said listen to "whatever artist" and it prompted me to open it in the samsung music player, hope this helps.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    My own ROM / Stock kernel

Yes, you can use Google Play Music. Just make sure you have it set as your default music player and it should work just fine. See my screen shots:
    Another neat trick from google now-2013-01-08-06.11.15.pngAnother neat trick from google now-2013-01-08-06.11.24.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Those reading this with Google Music can you tell me if Google now works when you say "listen to (whatever song you gave in your Google Music) "
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Got it. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    How did it know you were going on a trip though lol? I have seen that you can link it up to your GMail and if you buy something off lets say eBay or Amazon your package info (assuming there's a tracking # with it) will show up on Google Now. I buy TONS of stuff from eBay but I've never gotten that card yet...
    Does the ebay emails have the tracking number? Or just the purchase receipt showing what you paid?

I buy a ton off Newegg and it always shows a card for my purchases once they are shipped.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums