Random question

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So my wife to be got the s3 but she doesn't like the keyboards that came on it... she misses the one for the evo. Any way to get the evo keyboard and make it work?

Sent from my G-Note 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you hunt around on xda-developers you might find an apk you can sideload. Whether is works correctly or not only time will tell.

My suggestion, though, is to have her try Swiftkey. It's far better than the one on my HTC Evo.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is definitely the way to go. I don't like the stock S3 keyboard either. I was used to using the stock 4.2 Jelly Bean one on my Nexus S 4G and Swiftkey is about as close to that as I could find.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
She hates Swype and swift key also....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Evo keyboard is called HTC_IME and can be found online but it's quirky and the resolution sometimes is off --- it can be found though.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
She hates Swype and swift key also....

Having had an EVO, and also been exclusively using SwiftKey the last few years, I'm surprised anyone could "hate" SwiftKey. What is the exact functionality she is looking for? I was looking for the arrows at the bottom which is a select-able option in SwiftKey.

I'm sure if you provided the options she seeks, someone here would be able to assist

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The Evo keyboard is called HTC_IME and can be found online but it's quirky and the resolution sometimes is off --- it can be found though.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Thanks, I'm sure once I get around to downloading it, I'll figure how to change resolutions and stuff :/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2