Problems with Swipe keyboard

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having some problems with the swipe keyboard, and sometimes I wish I still had my Epic with the physical keyboard.

Sometimes, the keyboard won't respond when I try to swipe something. This usually seems to happen when I use "I' somewhere in what I'm swiping. I know that there was previously a bug whereby when entering "I" it always defaulted to lowercase. Frequently, I find that I have to swipe the same word multiple times before the keyboard actually responds and puts in what I want.

The other problem I have is that I'll try to swipe a word and it will put in every other word but the word that I actually want. After several attempts at not getting the word I want, I have to type it in manually.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I defaulted back to Sammy's stock keyboard (which has swipe capabilities) due to problems I was having with Swype.

It traced fine and typed fine letter by letter but if I held on a key....any key....to get a number or something, it would wig out sometimes sending the text or give me all sorts of weird flashing of the screen. I tried rebooting, Uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. But to be honest, I like the new Sammy KB better now.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was using. Swype beta 1.3. For some reason, I just can't get it to stop wiggin out! I just want a freakin keyboard that can read my mind already....without typing, swyping, or talking....jeeeesh!