Since I'm running Nova Launcher and not TouchWiz...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Will I still be able to use multi-window feature, page buddy, etc (once the 4.1.2 update comes) since I'm not on TouchWiz, or will I have to ditch Nova and run TouchWiz in order to use these features? Thanks.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I was kind of curious about this myself, after noticing that none of my Motion settings work with Nova, except for palm swipe to capture..

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Kinda rule of thumb on this one. If it deals with the home screens themselves, lime widgets and gestures, it will not work. Multi window is apps so that should.

What motions do not work for you? The ones I use regularly work fine

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
multi screen works fine but i havent played with page buddy yet (not even sure what it does yet lol)

UPDATE page buddy doesnt seem to work... with headphones anyway.
seems to be a TW thing and not an app as i think was posted above.
seems like pointless faff anyway.
even multi-window is useless unless more apps are coded to work with it...

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Last edited:

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never gotten the "palm swipe for screen capture" gesture to work. I've waved at my damn phone so many times trying to get this to work...thankfully not in public.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never gotten the "palm swipe for screen capture" gesture to work. I've waved at my damn phone so many times trying to get this to work...thankfully not in public.

lol imagine karate chopping the side of your phone then drag edge of your hand across screen (pinky side of hand)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Jennings Richmond

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
lol imagine karate chopping the side of your phone then drag edge of your hand across screen (pinky side of hand)

While actually touching it. He did say he "waved" at it.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You also need to enable the motion option for screenshot. go to menu > motion and check the Palm Swipe to capture. There is also a tutorial on the bottom of that section which shows you how to do it.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
The few that I had turned on before I DL'ed Nova were pan to move icon, smart alert, and direct call.. OK, I may have lied, direct call works, but none of the others seem to work. I did install GO SMS pro and that allowed me to set a LED notification that I liked, so the smart alert is moot.. And the 5 widgets I have on my home screen; Make your own clock widget, assistive light, Google search bar, Battery Widget? Reborn! and a local weather widget all work great.. I prefer Nova over TW, don't get me wrong, I was just hoping to have my cake and eat it too :)

Jennings Richmond

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
The few that I had turned on before I DL'ed Nova were pan to move icon, smart alert, and direct call.. OK, I may have lied, direct call works, but none of the others seem to work. I did install GO SMS pro and that allowed me to set a LED notification that I liked, so the smart alert is moot.. And the 5 widgets I have on my home screen; Make your own clock widget, assistive light, Google search bar, Battery Widget? Reborn! and a local weather widget all work great.. I prefer Nova over TW, don't get me wrong, I was just hoping to have my cake and eat it too :)

I'm using nova launcher and widget locker on my uscc note 2 and have no issues with any of the motions.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You know what I am being really stupid. I am totally wrong.

The widgets should be fine. I was thinking about something a bit different.

Don't work and post kids, being dumb about it could happen to you.

My apologies to the thread

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

swampy11

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have accidently erased my Google Play Store icon in Nova, but it is still there in the Touchwiz. I do not know how to move it over to the Nova home screen. Can someone please tell me how?
Thanks in advance.
`swamp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo