Not the usual tethering question...
Got a bit of a different tethering question for the collective. I upgraded to an SGS3 from a Nexus S4g. The ns4g still works for everything but phone use, as long as it's on a Wi-Fi connection, of course.
With that in mind, is there a way to tether the ns4g to the GS3 via either WiFi or Bluetooth so I can use it as a GPS with Google maps or any other map app? Not interested in routing the GS3 at the moment, though I see it in the not-so-far-future.
I figure there has to be a way, and it can't be all that difficult. Thanks!
- 01-10-2013, 06:47 AM #2
- 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM #3
- 01-11-2013, 10:41 PM #5
Re: Not the usual tethering question...
Tried it tonight... got some bad news and some good news.....
Foxfi didn't work on its own. On the GS3 it was fine, but without an internet connection, it wouldn't start up the Bluetooth DUN on the NS4G, which got me thinking that it was probably trying to act as the hotspot, not like a 'slave' device.
So I did a quick search, installed pdanet for tablet on the NS4G, and it connected flawlessly via Bluetooth!
Happy camper here! Thanks!
- By DonDuke in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 16Last Post: 10-19-2012, 04:39 AM
- By mobilemedic20 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 9Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM
- By HappyMonkey in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
- By hcole623 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
- By thataznguy#AC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2010, 07:01 PM