Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

My son has somehow changed the setting son his Samsung Galaxy S3 so that he gets the message "Double tap and then swipe screen to unlock" This setting is annoying enough, but you also have to double tap to get any application to open or to enter a letter while texting. It is also very difficult to scroll since you have to double tap and hold each time. I have looked at every setting and can not find a way to change this. Does anyone have any idea how to get back to the original setting? I am close to doing a hard reset, but would really like to find the solution.

Thanks
    Thanked by:
    far2go 

Default Re: "Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

He's set something in accessibility options, under settings. Is his phone talking to him, too?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    He's set something in accessibility options, under settings. Is his phone talking to him, too?
    Meyerweb

You are exactly right. I found it late last night. Under accessibility options there is a something like "Talk Back". I unchecked that and we are back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

How did you get to accesaries to cancel the talk back if you can't unlock the phone? I am double tapping and swiping and nothing is happening. Where do you double tap? On the top or on the screen?

Did you try double-tapping the Home key?

My phone is in talk back mode... I double tap all over the phone and swiped all over the phone but it just would not unlock so i can take it off.

Has anyone figured this out? I can no longer unlock my phone. Double tapping and swiping is useless. The entire phone is now useless.

OK, this is the "Explore by Touch" feature. When it says "swipe" it means *use two fingers to swipe*. You can scroll this way too. To select items (buttons, check boxes) tap first to select, then double tap to select.
    Thanked by:

"Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

Thank you Ifelt help less Why would they have that kind of function that does not function???

It functions fine, once you understand how it works.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Angry Re: "Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

Hi how can I get out of the nexus 7 talkback please. have tried everything for several hours.
    I can't get into the settings to switch it off!

Last edited by meyerweb; 07-05-2013 at 09:47 AM.

My phone is doing the same thing, however when I go to settings, I cannot scroll to the next screen to find "accessibility options." When I try to scroll, it keeps opening the last option instead of scrolling to the next page. It also says I'm viewing 1 - 7 of 14. I need to get to 8 - 14.

Are you using two fingers to scroll?

Smile Re: "Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

it is really working!!

step1: use 2 fingers to move the screen then we can unlock.
    step2: go to setting(use 2 fingers for the screen to move).
    step3: go to accessibility --> services --> TALKBACK.
    step4: OFF the talkback option

does it work..

sir, son lock my mobile. now message is coming Double tap and then swipe screen
    please explain

Have you read the posts above yours? The solution is probably there.

Banned

This killed me for so long until i figured it out, meyer is absolutely right on everything. To swipe/switch screens/unlock, on the 2nd tap after selecting is when you swipe. So tap once to choose, then double tap, but on that 2nd tap is when you swipe. Pattern locks suck if this gets turned on. I always turn it on for the demo phones in the stores

Hi,

I have Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, the driver mode thing is on, (touch screen voice?), as w/other poster, my phone is talking, double tapping required, cannot easily, if at all scroll and the screen is locked. Has message: double tap and then swipe the screen to unlock. It will NOT unlock, ugh. I tried restarting and powering off, it just came back to that same annoying screen. I cannot unlock it to get to any settings.

I am new to smart phone as previous was older blackberry. I still have few days to return this phone. I don't really need all these whistles and bells, certainly many functions are nice but this is very discouraging. Thank you for your time and any assistance you can offer.

Thanks bunches. Fixed everything but the sensitivity issue. I'm still double tapping and having difficulty w/swiping-scrolling.

It sounds like you have talkback turned on. Click on the link in post #13, which should help you turn it off.

I hit the button that gives you the settings on the normal home screen, theres a photo editor app that will give you a 2nd lock screen. In order to dump hit, hit the settings key from the lock screen. Then settings then theres a menu that gives you the on/off option. Hopefully this helps. I stumbled on it by accident after the kiddo did something to my phone. Good Luck!

"Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove

Quote Originally Posted by maxkbaral View Post
    "Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove
    Seriously? Read this thread: the answer is there. If you don't understand what has been provided, then ask for help.I'll even give you a hint: look at post #13.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast