Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help with SD Card!

Hello,

I've had a Sandisk Ultra 32GB Card since November and the SD Card since Black Friday (actually I acquired both in the same week) and the day before the Samsung Galaxy s3 decided to stop reading the SD Card. Well, not exactly, the "My Files" and "Poweramp" read the SD Card but the Gallery and Stock Music app won't. It won;t read any SD Cards. I tried my SD Card in my friend's Blackberry and his stock apps read all music and pictures and videos. So it's not the SD Card. And I've reset the Phone two times, I'M AT MY WITS ENDS!!!!

Can anyone please help?
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Help with SD Card!

Take your phone back to sprint with the sd card. show them whats happening. Make sure they try the card inb one of the phones there. But it is weird that power amp can read it and the stock can't....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Ryan_Clark likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I hope I don't have ton format the card, It's hard to transfer 25GB of Comics and 5 of music and movies

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Back all that stuff up to your computer.

I had an AData 32GB Class 10 card I bought this past Black Friday for my Samsung, and it just recently died.

Wouldn't format, wouldn't read, etc. Luckily I had just backed up my data on it about a week earlier.

RMA'd it and in the mean time - bought a Samsung 32GB Class 6 UHS-1 microSD as a replacement.

The Samsung card is just as fast as the class 10 I did the RMA on, but this way I have 2 (1 for backup)

Not sure if its something to do with the GS3 or the current batch of microSD's but this stuff has been hit/miss for a LOT of people.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DoesItMatter View Post
    Back all that stuff up to your computer.

I had an AData 32GB Class 10 card I bought this past Black Friday for my Samsung, and it just recently died.

Wouldn't format, wouldn't read, etc. Luckily I had just backed up my data on it about a week earlier.

RMA'd it and in the mean time - bought a Samsung 32GB Class 6 UHS-1 microSD as a replacement.

The Samsung card is just as fast as the class 10 I did the RMA on, but this way I have 2 (1 for backup)

Not sure if its something to do with the GS3 or the current batch of microSD's but this stuff has been hit/miss for a LOT of people.
    I got 3 bad (right out of the box) SanDisc 64gb cards. Finally told them to stick it and give me a refund. Ended up with a Kingston 64gb class 10. No issues at all so far.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by: