Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text message problem.

For the last couple of days I've been having this weird problem receiving texts. I'll RECEIVE the text, but I won't get any type of notification UNTIL I open up the "Messages" screen. This is super annoying because I can be having a conversation with someone and then I think they just stopped talking, so I end up waiting an hour or more before I decide to check when I sent my message and boom: A message from an hour or more ago pops up along with the notification.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Default Re: Text message problem.

Are you using the default messaging app or another third party one? Also do you have a task killer running or anything? It could be killing the messaging app process so it can't tell you that you have a text since it's not running in the background.. Untill you open it of course :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm using the default app, and no task killer.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

How many text messages do you have? Have you cleared out your old text messages recently?

If using the stock app, and depending if a lot of people sent you MMS pic attachments, the stock app can act up because it needs to flush out the old messages.

If you're able to, delete a bunch of old messages. Heck - delete all of them!

I like to keep my old SMS so I use a freebie app called SMS Backup+ off the android market and it backs it up to my google account and it also sorts the messages by who sent them!

Very awesome to keep a backup archive online

--------

If that is not the issue, one other thing you can do is update your PRL and profile (If you haven't done that recently)

Make sure you're in a good location with lots of bars on your signal

Then goto Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL, once thats upgraded, go back and do Update Profile, then reboot the phone.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016