Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EC TECHNOLOGY 2300mAh Li-ion Battery review

EDIT: The review and testing of this battery has ended. It did provide a little extra juice. For $10 it was great. I will not be checking this thread again.

Had this battery for about a week now. So far so good, seems like I'm getting more use out of it. It doesnt seem to heat up as much as the original one.
    Amazon.com: EC TECHNOLOGY(TM) 2300mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-I9300 , T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999 , AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747 , Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535 , U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530 ,
    Here are some pictures.

with overnight

Retired Ambassador

Default Re: EC TECHNOLOGY 2300mAh Li-ion Battery review

How's this for the stock battery. Make sure you look at the screen on time.

EC TECHNOLOGY 2300mAh Li-ion Battery review-uploadfromtaptalk1358584120608.jpg

EC TECHNOLOGY 2300mAh Li-ion Battery review-uploadfromtaptalk1358584154606.jpg
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    How's this for the stock battery. Make sure you look at the screen on time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358584120608.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	57163

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358584154606.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	57164
    How did you manage that?
    Retired Ambassador

I bought a gn2. Lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought a gn2. Lol
    go ya. well, im happy with my gs3. it would be cool to get the galaxy note, but its too damn big to fit in my pocket.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    go ya. well, im happy with my gs3. it would be cool to get the galaxy note, but its too damn big to fit in my pocket.
    Don't get me wrong, I still love playing with my gs3 but when it comes to going out and not worrying about carrying a charger or battery pack, the gn2 can't be beat. :thumbup:
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So far every night I have about 20-30% left after a full day of use. I also compared this with the battery that came with the phone by using it for a few days. The result is that the original battery has about 10% or less of charge left by the end of the day So far, this has been a very good battery.
    Thanked by:

I bought a gn2. Lol
    That is super, especially for a phone with a screen that large. But you're also rooted, right?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Consistent results

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

with kind of heavy use. i had pandora playing for few hours, a bunch of texting, some youtube and camera usage.

Hi, if i may ask where can I get this battery? So this is compatible with GS3 i assume...

Quote Originally Posted by juniorr7710 View Post
    Hi, if i may ask where can I get this battery? So this is compatible with GS3 i assume...
    Let me google that for you
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Nick Rhodes likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    LOL

I have been looking for an extended battery that wouldn't double the size of my phone, and this looks like it'd work great.. But from what I understand, you would have to remove the EC battery from the phone to charge it? Or am I reading too far into it?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    I have been looking for an extended battery that wouldn't double the size of my phone, and this looks like it'd work great.. But from what I understand, you would have to remove the EC battery from the phone to charge it? Or am I reading too far into it?
    I'm pretty sure this will not double your batter life, just give it a little extra juice. If you want to double your battery, then get the 4000+ thick battery.
    This, ec battery, works just like original, so no need to take it out for charging

is this an extended battery? or just a replacement?
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by kodybrannon View Post
    is this an extended battery? or just a replacement?
    Depends on your definition. It's the standard physical size battery, so it doesn't need a new back, case, or other accessories. But it claims to be 2300 mA capacity, as opposed to the stock battery's 2100 mA capacity. Assuming the claim is accurate, that's a 9.5% increase in capacity and, presumably, a 9.5% increase in battery life per charge.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

its a replacement extended battery. fits into the phone with stock cover without a problem.
    so far i have gotten good results with it. i have ordered the samsung 3000mah battery, so im excited to see how long that lasts.

stas333 where did you order the Samsung official 3000mah battery? I saw ebay, but figured if there were other options (cheaper?). When you receive your 3000mah, can you please post pictures of before and after? I would like to see how much thicker it gets.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Who cares about nfc. If you want your phone to last loner, the you shouldn't be using nfc.

If you want your phone to last and to use all the features then buy an NFC extended battery. This thing is a powerhouse. It's first thought was features not battery life. You want battery life, switch to Verizon and get a razrmaxx or stay on sprint and get a note 2.

I've directly compared life of mine to a friends gs3 on Verizon both not rooted and because sprint service unfortunately is really rough in my area my battery burns out before his with relatively the same usage. Same screen time within 10mins of each other and he pulled about 3-4 more hours out of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

nobody cares about NFC.

I use it. I'm somebody. Your argument is invalid.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Rcrdude64 View Post
    I use it. I'm somebody. Your argument is invalid.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    then buy a battery with NFC. other than that, spot posting your opinions here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast