Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching from EVO LTE to an S3... Opinions please

This will be my first Samsung phone as well... Any tips and tricks anyone would like to share would be great. I'm switching phones due to the bugs on the EVO since the Jellybean update... Sprint offered NEW EVO or an S3... Sprint guy recommended I go with the S3.. I almost feel like a traitor, lol... Anyhow, I guess I'm one of yous guys now

Cash money Castro

Default Re: Switching from EVO LTE to an S3... Opinions please

I did the same thing as you. I loved my Evo lte a lot! But the jelly bean update gave me so much headaches. The s3 is a good phone in its own right. Try not to compare it to the lte so much, but be open minded to what it has to offer. I personally hate the stock keyboard (s3) so I switched over to SwiftKey 3. Stock keyboard is so laggy! What I did miss from sense is the flip clock widget, but simple hd-widget solved that preference. Other than that the s3 is a good phone. Both are good phones if anything.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Hulk is right. I came from the Evo 3D and was completely used to it, and the S3 was a change, but I got used to it on it's own merits and now I love it. Also the ability to swap batteries is another big plus.

It's been a while since I switched so I can't remember exactly the growing pains I experienced but there were some but it was totally worth it. My wife and son have the S3 as well and love it too. Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bdecastro77 View Post
    This will be my first Samsung phone as well... Any tips and tricks anyone would like to share would be great. I'm switching phones due to the bugs on the EVO since the Jellybean update... Sprint offered NEW EVO or an S3... Sprint guy recommended I go with the S3.. I almost feel like a traitor, lol... Anyhow, I guess I'm one of yous guys now

Cash money Castro
    I debated that same issue for a long time. I had the Original EVO4G and when I finally upgraded went with the GS3 and have not looked back. I am in the Atlanta area and have 4GLTE everywhere I go and it's fast. Best decision I made so far, carrier is sprint...
    Thanked by: