Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Galaxy S3 not moving files

I'm new to the forums here and not too sure where this should go but whatever.

I've been having this problem lately where I can't move files with any app like Astro or AndroZip. The same problem has presented itself when I tried moving files through a PC. When I try doing this with with Astro it says "Could Not Write Files"

What do?

Default Re: My Galaxy S3 not moving files

What files are you trying to move? What directory are they in, and what directory are you trying to move them to? I think the only locations that are writeable, unless you root, are folders on the internal and external SD card. From the error message, it sounds like you're trying to move them to a protected folder, like the system folder.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm moving them to a folder I created to put those pictures in. I've moved pictures into them before but now it doesn't work

You still haven't given us much information to go on. Is the folder on your internal SD card or external? Can you read files that are in that folder? What are the permissions on that folder?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.