Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ntchwaidumela
  • 2 Post By formula355
  • 1 Post By kurosenpai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook problem?

Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook since the latest upgrade? Worked fine until about an hour ago (9pm CST), then it refused to refresh and just stops. Tried all the usual fixes, but nothing works. I submitted a report, so we'll see what the deal is. Anybody else?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

Default Re: Facebook problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook since the latest upgrade? Worked fine until about an hour ago (9pm CST), then it refused to refresh and just stops. Tried all the usual fixes, but nothing works. I submitted a report, so we'll see what the deal is. Anybody else?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    The only problem I seem to have on this phone with Facebook is when I set up the account and choose to sync with my existing contacts, it adds all of my friends to my contacts list instead of doing what I told it to do. Does the same thing on my wife's S3 too.

Other then that, it's been working fine for me. When was the last update? I have mine setup to auto update so I don't ever pay attention.

Sent from a Galaxy far away...

I haven't used the stock Facebook app in a long time, but I have a suggestion if you need something in the meantime, try fast for Facebook beta I believe it's called, great app

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

All of a sudden, things are back to normal. Strange. But not really when you remember it's Facebook.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

I had the problem after the latest update. After I updated it, it suddenly says Facebook.Katana.com has stopped working. Every time I started the app it would force close. I had to reinstall it to fix the problem. Why is Facebook app really really buggy? I would understand if it is new but Facebook app has been here for a long time and it is about time they make it as smooth as the g+ app

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by formula355 View Post
    The only problem I seem to have on this phone with Facebook is when I set up the account and choose to sync with my existing contacts, it adds all of my friends to my contacts list instead of doing what I told it to do. Does the same thing on my wife's S3 too.

Other then that, it's been working fine for me. When was the last update? I have mine setup to auto update so I don't ever pay attention.

I noticed this too. With my old EVO4G Facebook would only sync with the contacts that I already had in my contact list, but for what ever reason my GS3 puts all my Facebook contacts in my contact list, which is NOT what I wanted. Does anyone know a fix for this or if there will be one.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by HamRadioNut View Post
    I noticed this too. With my old EVO4G Facebook would only sync with the contacts that I already had in my contact list, but for what ever reason my GS3 puts all my Facebook contacts in my contact list, which is NOT what I wanted. Does anyone know a fix for this or if there will be one.

Thanks,
    If you just want their contact picture, there's an app for it, as far as a fix, I haven't heard of any

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I've had all sort of issues with the FB app's latest update or two. Lots of network error, lack of refreshing, infinite wait if tapping on a comment. G+ runs smooth as silk, as do most of my other apps. FB has been a complete dud.

I do see an "eyeball" icon briefly show up at the top frequently when using FB, probably associated with the Lookout anti-virus app. Maybe FB doesn't play nicely with Lookout. What are you using for A/V, if any?

ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
    I've had all sort of issues with the FB app's latest update or two. Lots of network error, lack of refreshing, infinite wait if tapping on a comment. G+ runs smooth as silk, as do most of my other apps. FB has been a complete dud.

I do see an "eyeball" icon briefly show up at the top frequently when using FB, probably associated with the Lookout anti-virus app. Maybe FB doesn't play nicely with Lookout. What are you using for A/V, if any?
    The "eyeball icon" that you're seeing is a setting on the phone that uses the front camera to look at you and see if you're still looking at the screen. If you're looking at the screen, then the phone leaves it on for you instead of turning the screen off at the time that you have set for it to turn off.

ihbsbA and Ntchwaidumela like this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by formula355 View Post
    The "eyeball icon" that you're seeing is a setting on the phone that uses the front camera to look at you and see if you're still looking at the screen. If you're looking at the screen, then the phone leaves it on for you instead of turning the screen off at the time that you have set for it to turn off.

I guess my phone's eyeball watches me watch the little infinitely spinning circle, then shuts off anyway.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

The Facebook app suuuuuuuux. I read the reviews before updating the POS this time and didn't update. I prefer Friendcaster.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

I hate the Facebook app but I realised t that it actually quite good and fast at the moment or prior to the latest update. Pictures and comments pops out smooth amd beautifully animated. Hope it gets better from here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.