Do you think Sprint will replace?

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Today was an off day for me ... I downloaded a rom for the incorrect phone, after realizing my mistake I dowbloaded to correct rom. When I booted to recover I flashed the incorrect rom. The phone will not boot to recovery or download mode. Power will not come on and battery indicator will not show when plugged into charger. My question is do you think Sprint will give me a hard time replacing it ... will they know its been rooted wo being able to access odin?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Today was an off day for me ... I downloaded a rom for the incorrect phone, after realizing my mistake I dowbloaded to correct rom. When I booted to recover I flashed the incorrect rom. The phone will not boot to recovery or download mode. Power will not come on and battery indicator will not show when plugged into charger. My question is do you think Sprint will give me a hard time replacing it ... will they know its been rooted wo being able to access odin?

Uh, how is your phone "bricked" if you sent this post from the supposed "bricked" phone???

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

If you can't get into download mode neither can they. If they can't get into download mode they can't tell if it has been rooted. They will most likely give you a new phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I understand the anxiety and giddiness of flashing new roms but people need to read...then read again... to make sure they are getting the correct rom for the correct phone. Not trying to be an a$$ here, just trying to get people to READ.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
No one should ever return a bricked phone to the carrier. It's not their fault that the phone was bricked.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No one should ever return a bricked phone to the carrier. It's not their fault that the phone was bricked.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

If you pay for a warranty, its your right to use it, it's your money gong down the drain, not theirs

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand the anxiety and giddiness of flashing new roms but people need to read...then read again... to make sure they are getting the correct rom for the correct phone. Not trying to be an a$$ here, just trying to get people to READ.

This

This has has happened too many times over the past few months, but it's their fault for not reading and researching as much as possible before messing with their 300$ device

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've not dealt with Sprint on this, but Verizon does give a hard time about rooted phones at times. In those cases they may ask you to pay for the replacement or use an upgrade, but you can always decline and ask a different rep. Some also recommend drowning or losing phones in this condition, although I feel that is dishonest. I would read the insurance policy carefully and see if it even mentions the boot loader. Typically unlocking voids warranty, buy insurance is separate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you pay for a warranty, its your right to use it, it's your money gong down the drain, not theirs
(

Umm, the warranty isn't unlimited. The simple act of rooting violates the terms of the warranty and voids said warranty. And if they replace the phone under warranty, that's their money, not yours. (We're talking warranty, not insurance. -- But rooting violates the terms of Assurian's insurance, too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As for all the other posts in this thread I have to agree.. Most insurance and warranties do not cover rooting.. For this exact reason. It begins to cost to much.. So it does void it.

Everyone should take that into guidance. When rooting you need to read and I mean fully read. Don't glance and think you saw something.. One flash of the wrong ROM and your phone is done. So simply calm down and don't rush it.. Read and you should have no issues then. :)

As for the OP... You can see if Sprint will take it back. All you can do is try.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I didn't send it from a bricked phone I sent it from my second galaxy s3 but thanks for the concern.

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sound of chaos -
Thank you I appreciate your response I tend to play better with people who can think.

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I completely agree and I never denied it I downloaded the wrong s*** and i flash it. I made a mistake and I learn the hard way.

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to come back update the situation. I took the phone into sprint I simply told them that it would not boot. they took the phone from me and asked no further questions. The techs tested it ... they couldn't get it to boot charge or do anything else for that matter so they replaced it on the spot.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to come back update the situation. I took the phone into sprint I simply told them that it would not boot. they took the phone from me and asked no further questions. The techs tested it ... they couldn't get it to boot charge or do anything else for that matter so they replaced it on the spot.

Niiiiiice! Now leave this one alone lol

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Niiiiiice! Now leave this one alone lol

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Lol I hear ya ... Too late already rooted and flashed multiple times. I think I found a daily driver setup.

The thing that kills me is I caught my mistake downloaded the correct file and all it took was a finger slip in clockworkmod.

Live and learn right.