Do you use Google Now?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Google Now is awesome. It tells me traffic for my commute, gives me quick access to package tracking and helps busy me follow my sports teams. It also allows me to not have a weather widget, schedules appointments for me, and a slew of other useful things.
Play around with it for awhile and you'll find it quite useful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I love Google now and use it for everything. I just wish there was an easier way to access it on this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use it for weather and sometimes search.

I mainly love it for when I am driving I can tell it who to call so I don't have to look down.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
I try to make it a point to open it at least once a day but like mentioned above, it would be nice if it were somehow more prominent or quicker to access - like a widget, maybe?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I try to make it a point to open it at least once a day but like mentioned above, it would be nice if it were somehow more prominent or quicker to access - like a widget, maybe?

I have Nova Launcher... so all I hafta do is swipe up and boom, it's there!

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to use it, except for 3 things:
1 - increased data usage
2 - battery drain
3 - slows my phone down

That said, I do use it for search

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So far I haven't found it all that useful. I'm sure for some people it is, and if my usage patterns change, it might be more useful for me. I'm not particularly worried about data (Sprint) or battery drain, and I don't notice any real performance hit when it's turned on.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a couple things on Ebay a few days ago. I opened up Google now today, and tracking info for those items were waiting for me.
Another easter egg ;)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yesserie bob I use it. It's an amazing piece of software that has a lot of potential. Honestly, I haven't had too much of battery drain. Maybe 1% an hour...if that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Frozen with titanium backup. It gets in my way. The only items I want in my notification dropdown is my email, text and and things like that.

I live in a fairly small community and can get to anywhere in the community from my house in 20 minutes regardless of traffic. I don't need and don't like garbage such as you are 10 minutes from home cluttering up my dropdown.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Frozen with titanium backup. It gets in my way. The only items I want in my notification dropdown is my email, text and and things like that.

I live in a fairly small community and can get to anywhere in the community from my house in 20 minutes regardless of traffic. I don't need and don't like garbage such as you are 10 minutes from home cluttering up my dropdown.

LOL, you do realize you can turn that off......

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Just found out with Now open I can say "google, note," and then speak whatever note I was going to send myself and it sends it to my GMail. Quick way to send myself reminders.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to just say "Listen to ......." and my ICS phone would open spotify (you can chose any installed music app as default), and start that song, or author, but not anymore. This needs to be added back.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Nova Launcher... so all I hafta do is swipe up and boom, it's there!

I have Nova also. You can swipe up the first time but if you are in Google already, how do you initiate an action? You have to tap on the mic, right?

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to just say "Listen to ......." and my ICS phone would open spotify (you can chose any installed music app as default), and start that song, or author, but not anymore. This needs to be added back.

PRETTY sure you still can do this. Just say "listen to..." and it should open it in Google Music. Not 100% certain though.