• 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default What is "deep sleep"?

What does this term mean? And how do I know if my phone goes into it?

During the night when I am not touching my phone, the battery stats shows my phone randomly being awake.... so does that mean my phone does not go into deep sleep? Thanks.

Default Re: What is "deep sleep"?

It likely wakes up to sync.

"DS Battery Saver" can change that-->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post

99.999999% of "battery saver" apps, kill your battery even more LOL, so I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    99.999999% of "battery saver" apps, kill your battery even more LOL, so I'll pass.
    While I usually agree, this one had me go from 8-9hrs without it to 11-12hrs with it after 10days of testing both cases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

While I usually agree, this one had me go from 8-9hrs without it to 11-12hrs with it after 10days of testing both cases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Cool. I already avg 52 hrs per charge (Hyperion ext. battery). So I don't need an extra 2 hrs, I just wanna know what "deep sleep" is.......

Cool. I already avg 52 hrs per charge (Hyperion ext. battery). So I don't need an extra 2 hrs, I just wanna know what "deep sleep" is.......

It's likely what he said your phone is waking up to sync and stuff.

The term deep sleep just means your phone isn't awake so it's using the littlest amount of battery to stay running. It wakes up to sync an email or if it receives a text.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

After reading the app description, I'm not surprised it saves battery. But it also means you won't receive most notifications when the screen is off. I'd rather charge my phone a little more often and have it work like it's designed to, with real time notifications when an event occurs.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    After reading the app description, I'm not surprised it saves battery. But it also means you won't receive most notifications when the screen is off. I'd rather charge my phone a little more often and have it work like it's designed to, with real time notifications when an event occurs.
    Whether your phone is "asleep" or even turned off, you'll still receive all your notifications when you "wake up" or turn your phone on. That goes for missed calls, as well.

Umm, yeah. But that's not what I said. I want to be notified when I get a text, or email, or some other event is triggered. I don't want to have to remember to take my phone out of my pocket and check to see if someone is trying to get in touch with me.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    rafaelluik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    Whether your phone is "asleep" or even turned off, you'll still receive all your notifications when you "wake up" or turn your phone on. That goes for missed calls, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Umm, yeah. But that's not what I said. I want to be notified when I get a text, or email, or some other event is triggered. I don't want to have to remember to take my phone out of my pocket and check to see if someone is trying to get in touch with me.
    I agree with you Meyer. I don't have a smartphone so I can remember to check what I got every hour. I like when it notifies ME.

What's the fun in having a smartphone if you are worried about battery insanely? I could maybe see if your away from a charger for very long periods of time.. But if it's a few hours... And your battery drains... Well... That's why the battery is there.. To be used :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Used it for a day, messed up my WiFi and mobile data signal so that sometimes when my screen was on, the mobile data would cut off

Saved me 0 battery and and had to uninstall

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

What does this term mean? And how do I know if my phone goes into it?

During the night when I am not touching my phone, the battery stats shows my phone randomly being awake.... so does that mean my phone does not go into deep sleep? Thanks.
    To save a little battery you just turn off sync when you don't need it. There is a background sync toggle in the pull down settings.
    It works!

Stock Sprint GSIII lover!

This app might help you to understand deep sleep and wakelock related things

screenshot from
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is "deep sleep"?-device-2013-04-22-094218.png