Navigation battery drain

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't think any. Screen GPS cellular are huge battery killers. Even being plugged battery drains

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You need a better car charger. I have a 1 amp charger, and I can run Pandora and Google Nav simultaneously and still charge the battery. Very slowly, but nonetheless, it's charging, not discharging.

To the OP, the only real answer is to use a car charger and plug in during nav.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Google NAVIGATION! I'm pretty sure it's still in beta with a few bugs, but it's awesome and I love it and unlike Google Maps, it gives turn by turn directions. I had my battery only drain 15-20% during an hour and a half car ride with GPS, Google Nav and the screen on the whole time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
YOu could also try to cache the maps on y our device. If the maps were loaded on your device this would save the energy the cellular radio would use to update the maps and transfer all that data back and forth..
Thats where a Garmin or TomTom app would come in handy.. Large detailed maps you pre-download..

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
YOu could also try to cache the maps on y our device. If the maps were loaded on your device this would save the energy the cellular radio would use to update the maps and transfer all that data back and forth..
Thats where a Garmin or TomTom app would come in handy.. Large detailed maps you pre-download..

How do i do this please

Cash Money Castro