Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Outlook Calendar Sync

I need help with a particular issue with my outlook calendar. I feel like this has been a big topic of discussion and have read many different post about it but can't seem to figure it out. I use 2010 Microsoft Outlook for email and my calendar. My email will automatically come to my phone with no issues, however, whenever I add an event onto my calendar from my work computer it doesn't copy to my calendar on my phone UNLESS I manually hit the sync button everytime. It will also do it when I add an event to my phone calendar, it won't update or make changes on my work computer unless I hit the sync button. Why am I having to do this manaully? How can I have it be done automatically? Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Default Re: Outlook Calendar Sync

It would help if you stated what program you are using on your PC to sync which is not automatically starting, what your setting are and what type of account - pop, IMAP or exchange. Do you have another PC at home and does it work okay?
    Galaxy S3 16GB Unrooted Pebble Blue
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

This is why I moved away from Outlook as my calendar at home or at work. I now use Google Calendar. So much easier.

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    This is why I moved away from Outlook as my calendar at home or at work. I now use Google Calendar. So much easier.
    There really was no reason to move away from Outlook. I still use Outlook which syncs with my Gmail calendar which then syncs with my S3. All hapens in background without and issues or any actions on my part. Outlook calendar also provides many more features than Google calendar
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    There really was no reason to move away from Outlook. I still use Outlook which syncs with my Gmail calendar which then syncs with my S3. All hapens in background without and issues or any actions on my part. Outlook calendar also provides many more features than Google calendar
    Do you mind to post a how to?

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

If you go to Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange you will see multiple choices to sync Outlook with Gmail. I use GoContactSyncMod & Google Calendar Sync. I believe that Google has stopped allowing new users for their calendar sync so you may have to explore other alternatives.
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

Does anyone know of a way to sync outlook with gmail since the removal of Google Calendar Sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jennings View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to sync outlook with gmail since the removal of Google Calendar Sync?
    Did you try the post immediately above yours?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    MOAR 9

I have a gmail account that is shared with my wife so when I need an appointment to appear on just my phone I use Outlook without any issues at all, it syncs. All I ever did was open the email, left button (context menu), choose settings and then scroll to the bottom and make sure to check the calender box. From there it always just worked. When I open the calender I open settings and the outlook account is there under Calenders and is checked to sync. You can add an account at the bottom if it isn't listed.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David