Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone keeps losing contacts

For some reason, every couple of hours, my phone keeps losing all of my contacts; however, when I restart it, they are all there. Kind of getting tired of continuously having them lost. Any suggestions or help out there?

Default Re: Phone keeps losing contacts

I haven't seen this. Are your contacts synced with Google, or stored on the phone, or....?
    Lyndon Holliday likes this.

Mine too. My contacts are stored on my phone in internal memory. I have cancelled all syncing to any account and it only loses them once a day now but it's still very annoying!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My numbers are synced with Google.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I haven't seen this. Are your contacts synced with Google, or stored on the phone, or....?

Really odd. I'm sorry, I have no idea.

Carrier
    JB 4.1.1

Same thing here. I tried third party contact apps but that doesn't help either, I have to reboot to get them back...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I lose my contacts every 2 days or so. All of my contacts are stored in my gmail contacts. I have no contacts in the phone itself. Hope somebody finds a cure.

Carrier
    JB 4.1.1

If you call control they had a bug that was causing contacts to disappear. They just updated it in the market yesterday and i think its fixed now. Ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    If you call control they had a bug that was causing contacts to disappear. They just updated it in the market yesterday and i think its fixed now. Ymmv.

Wow I use call control and maybe that was causing my phone to lose contacts as well. All of my contacts are in gmail contacts, none in the phone itself. I hope you're correct about call control's update fixing the problem. Thanks for the info.

Carrier
    JB 4.1.1

Your welcome. When i read the notes while doing the update I knew i had to reply back here. Who would've thought call control would remove your contacts. ... weird.

Thanks! I was about to purchase a new and different phone thinking that it was my phone. I have a LG 3 that I have had for several years and I keep losing my Contacts. Tried going through Apps to retrieve and wasn't having any success. I am new to this and too old to try to figure it out. Thanks everyone for your help.!!!