Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone keeps losing contacts

For some reason, every couple of hours, my phone keeps losing all of my contacts; however, when I restart it, they are all there. Kind of getting tired of continuously having them lost. Any suggestions or help out there?

Default Re: Phone keeps losing contacts

I haven't seen this. Are your contacts synced with Google, or stored on the phone, or....?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Lyndon Holliday likes this.

Mine too. My contacts are stored on my phone in internal memory. I have cancelled all syncing to any account and it only loses them once a day now but it's still very annoying!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My numbers are synced with Google.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I haven't seen this. Are your contacts synced with Google, or stored on the phone, or....?

Really odd. I'm sorry, I have no idea.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Same thing here. I tried third party contact apps but that doesn't help either, I have to reboot to get them back...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I lose my contacts every 2 days or so. All of my contacts are stored in my gmail contacts. I have no contacts in the phone itself. Hope somebody finds a cure.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

If you call control they had a bug that was causing contacts to disappear. They just updated it in the market yesterday and i think its fixed now. Ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    If you call control they had a bug that was causing contacts to disappear. They just updated it in the market yesterday and i think its fixed now. Ymmv.

Wow I use call control and maybe that was causing my phone to lose contacts as well. All of my contacts are in gmail contacts, none in the phone itself. I hope you're correct about call control's update fixing the problem. Thanks for the info.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Your welcome. When i read the notes while doing the update I knew i had to reply back here. Who would've thought call control would remove your contacts. ... weird.