Since I am running a custom ROM...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Once the actual Premium Suite udate FINALLY gets pushed to our Sprint GS3's, will all the Premium Suite features still be on my phone, or no? OR does it depend on what ROM I am running? Right now I'm on PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) and it will be my daily driver for a while.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Once the actual Premium Suite udate FINALLY gets pushed to our Sprint GS3's, will all the Premium Suite features still be on my phone, or no? OR does it depend on what ROM I am running? Right now I'm on PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) and it will be my daily driver for a while.

You are already on 4.2.1 you should already have it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think most of the Premium Suite features are Samsung add-ons, not part of 4.2. You'll only get those add-ons if the builder of your ROM incorporates them.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think most of the Premium Suite features are Samsung add-ons, not part of 4.2. You'll only get those add-ons if the builder of your ROM incorporates them.

Most likely this is correct. One of the many reasons I not fond of aosp.

But as for his question. There will be multiple ways to update when the official ota comes out. I wouldn't worry about it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Nah man the newest PACman ROM v19.9 (which is Android 4.2.1) does NOT have it. I wish I did, or I wouldn't of even needed to ask this question lol. Now when I get the OTA, and re-install the ROM, will multi-view go away? Or will it still be in the system?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the answer to that question is that we don't know yet. If those new features are buried in the ROM, they'll go away unless PACman ROM incorporates them. If they're in a standalone file that can be flashed on top of the ROM, you'll be able to add them yourself. If they're an .apk, then you shouldn't lose them (unless you have to wipe the phone to install PACman).

One of the upsides to custom ROMs is that you frequently get new OS versions faster. One of the downsides is that you frequently don't get manufacturer provided enhancements as fast, or ever.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You will not see premium suite features in AOSP ROMs such as PACman or CM etc. You will only see them in TouchWiz based ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
A lot of the TouchWIz ROMs such as "Goodness" already have multi-view and stuff like that. I love the feel of 4.2.1 so I guess I'll just hafta live without multi-view... That or I'll just switch up every week! So one week I'll have multi-view, and the next week I won't lol.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
A lot of the TouchWIz ROMs such as "Goodness" already have multi-view and stuff like that. I love the feel of 4.2.1 so I guess I'll just hafta live without multi-view... That or I'll just switch up every week! So one week I'll have multi-view, and the next week I won't lol.

I was truly a flashaholic for awhile. Some days I would flash 3-4 Roms and was on CyanogenMod night lies for quite some time. Then I came across this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37149249 and haven't hardly strayed away from it but a few times. It is the first time I have been content with a ROM in some time, and I have pretty much tried them all. This thing has so much customizations it is unreal. I'm loving it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was truly a flashaholic for awhile. Some days I would flash 3-4 Roms and was on CyanogenMod night lies for quite some time. Then I came across this [ROM] [nOObz] [MA4.1.2] Morphology / Clock Mod / New Ink / and MORE! [02.10.13] - xda-developers and haven't hardly strayed away from it but a few times. It is the first time I have been content with a ROM in some time, and I have pretty much tried them all. This thing has so much customizations it is unreal. I'm loving it.

97 pages, seems like quite the popular ROM haha. Mind telling me the features/things you like most about it? Maybe I'll flash it in school today when I get there. With their WiFi it'd probably take only 5-10min, while as opposed to me DLing now it'd take 40min-1hr.

UPDATE: DLing now... do i needa DL anything other than the ROM? I don't see any other instructions to DL anything else. I am currently running Android 4.2.1 PACman ROM.

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I suggest the ma4 modem with it if you don't have it since it is newer. There is nothing else to download unless you want any of the add on apps. Just make sure you do a clean install coming from PACman.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I suggest the ma4 modem with it if you don't have it since it is newer. There is nothing else to download unless you want any of the add on apps. Just make sure you do a clean install coming from PACman.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ALWAYS do clean installs hahaa. Where can I find the MA4 modem? There is no link to it on the OP. Also, if I don't like the MOAR ROM, and wanna go back to PACman, do I needa re-download the LJ7 modem, or can I stick with the newer MA4 modem? Thanks for helping me, much appreciated.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
97 pages, seems like quite the popular ROM haha. Mind telling me the features/things you like most about it? Maybe I'll flash it in school today when I get there. With their WiFi it'd probably take only 5-10min, while as opposed to me DLing now it'd take 40min-1hr.

UPDATE: DLing now... do i needa DL anything other than the ROM? I don't see any other instructions to DL anything else. I am currently running Android 4.2.1 PACman ROM.

If it's not a TW Rom you will need to download and flash gapps as well.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the file but I am confused as to what the heck to do with it lol. Do i need to have a stock ROM to do that? Still running PACman...

EDIT: Not even sure if I downloaded the right file... there's like 5 different links to the MA4 lol..

Why don't you just wait for your roms dev to update to ma6? You are way too impatient.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just wait for your roms dev to update to ma6? You are way too impatient.

I'm hoping the "unofficial" PACman (from fergie) will have it... he said he is building from source as we speak and I'm hoping he incorporates MA4. And you mean MA4 right not MA6? If not then you totally just mind-fu**ed me lol.. I'm lost.................

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the file but I am confused as to what the heck to do with it lol. Do i need to have a stock ROM to do that? Still running PACman...

EDIT: Not even sure if I downloaded the right file... there's like 5 different links to the MA4 lol..

If you can't answer ^^^ these points, you really shouldn't be flashing a ROM, IMHO. Or at least not that ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000