Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 171
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #76  
    Super Dave426's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    ROM
    MOAR 9

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by phippsy84 View Post
    Has anybody had problems loading these files to their sd cards? It keeps failing for me.
    I ended up removing the card and inserting it into my laptop, it just wouldn't transfer.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    I ended up removing the card and inserting it into my laptop, it just wouldn't transfer.
    Eventually had to reformat and reinsert my sd card and it worked.
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    only problem i have is that my phone doesnt always get picked up from my computer :/
    Yeah, that's annoying to me too. Reboot your computer and the next time you connect your phone, it should be fine. Something tells me that it keeps track of something in the device profile and after the update, it has changed. That's only a guess though.
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    I did a dirty flash of the update using the instructions in the second post. I still have my custom recovery, root, and tether still works.

    There is one problem. Whenever I use the camera the icons are upside down. Anyone else having this issue?

    Edit* it seems like there's something wrong with the gyroscope in the software. It works in games but for apps like video player, YouTube and the camera, it doesn't. Because of this the icons are upside down. And when I take pictures they also show up upside down in he gallery.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by onslaught460; 02-15-2013 at 09:31 AM.
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Ok, thanks. I'll try that next time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    Yeah, that's annoying to me too. Reboot your computer and the next time you connect your phone, it should be fine. Something tells me that it keeps track of something in the device profile and after the update, it has changed. That's only a guess though.

    Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  6. #81  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by onslaught460 View Post
    Edit* it seems like there's something wrong with the gyroscope in the software. It works in games but for apps like video player, YouTube and the camera, it doesn't. Because of this the icons are upside down. And when I take pictures they also show up upside down in he gallery.
    What happens if you turn your phone over?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:
  7. #82  
    mouseglider's Avatar

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    But why does the screenshot show Android version 4.2.1??? Sorry, screenshot is in post number 48
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    kickstand4u mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

    Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!
  8. #83  
    kuoirad's Avatar

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by mouseglider View Post
    But why does the screenshot show Android version 4.2.1??? Sorry, screenshot is in post number 48
    He's running CyanogenMod. Not stock.
    Thanked by:
  9. #84  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    What happens if you turn your phone over?
    I didn't get a chance to.

    I restored from my backup I made before the update. When it booted up there was the same problem. After a while it startrd tk also effect games. They were coming up upside down and the gyroscope sensetivity was very sluggish.

    After this i did a full format to stock and the problem was the same. I gave up and was going to just bring jt back to bestbuy. I restored my phone from the backup just so i can have my contacts and it started working as if nothing happened. I updated again to MA6 and its still good.

    I'll keep an eye in it.

    Thanks for the reply though.


    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Just applied the update.zip as indicated here to Sprint GS3 stock, now my stock recovery in showing a green android guy lying down with a red triangle have I tripped my counter? How do I fix this?
  11. #86  
    rando991's Avatar

    Posts
    577 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by onslaught460 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to.

    I restored from my backup I made before the update. When it booted up there was the same problem. After a while it startrd tk also effect games. They were coming up upside down and the gyroscope sensetivity was very sluggish.

    After this i did a full format to stock and the problem was the same. I gave up and was going to just bring jt back to bestbuy. I restored my phone from the backup just so i can have my contacts and it started working as if nothing happened. I updated again to MA6 and its still good.

    I'll keep an eye in it.

    Thanks for the reply though.


    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Onslaught, if you get that problem again, use an app called Sensor Debug and see if it because your pitch axis is off ...it should be close to zero not -180. There was a similar problem in the older Epic once that caused problems similar to what you describe. Then we had to calibrate the phone while it wad face down to flip the pitch sensors.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    Onslaught, if you get that problem again, use an app called Sensor Debug and see if it because your pitch axis is off ...it should be close to zero not -180. There was a similar problem in the older Epic once that caused problems similar to what you describe. Then we had to calibrate the phone while it wad face down to flip the pitch sensors.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind if it occurs again.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Big time thank you to Skunkape. Appreciate the time you took to do this even though you don't have the GS3 anymore.
    629Classic likes this.
  14. #89  
    Super Dave426's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    ROM
    MOAR 9

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    Well, I went ahead and gave it a whirl....here's what I did:
    FYI: I'm running CWM Recovery v6.0.1.2

    1. Copy Stock LJ7 to MA6 update to external sdcard...first file Skunk posted. It's about 158MB or so.
    2. Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time and go into your CWM Recovery.
    3. Install update via your copied update zip file from external sdcard. This takes about three to four minutes to fully run.
    4. Once complete, go back and wipe cache directory.
    5. Go to Advanced and then wipe the dalvik cache.
    6. Choose to reboot phone. CWM will warn you that stock recovery has been chosen, do you want to make sure to ignore that change, keeping CWM. Say yes.
    7. CWM will then say that root might be removed, do you want to fix?...say yes.
    8. The phone reboots...you'll see the android is upgrading/optimizing apps and then you're back to your lock screen.
    9. It'll take a bit of time...but my SuperSU was still present and accounted for. Wifi tether worked fine (with encryption), root programs worked without issue, all was good to go.
    I just tried this route I have CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2 also, it aborted it, couldn't open it and claimed it was a bad file. Oh well guess I am going dirty.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  15. #90  
    Super Dave426's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    ROM
    MOAR 9

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    So I could not transfer the first file to my phone and it looks like something was bad, because when I hooked up and transferred the files in post 2 I had no issues at all. My phone has rebooted and seems to downloading a ton of app updates. All is fine, dirty done good, thanks Skunk!
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    I just tried this route I have CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2 also, it aborted it, couldn't open it and claimed it was a bad file. Oh well guess I am going dirty.
    couldnt do it either. same CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    If you are rooted just clear your data and flash the ROM and firmware in the second post. I know downloading your apps again sucks but it isn't too bad. But make sure to back up your contacts somewhere so you don't lose them.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    So I could not transfer the first file to my phone and it looks like something was bad, because when I hooked up and transferred the files in post 2 I had no issues at all. My phone has rebooted and seems to downloading a ton of app updates. All is fine, dirty done good, thanks Skunk!
    No problem...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  19. #94  
    Super Dave426's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    ROM
    MOAR 9

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by phippsy84 View Post
    If you are rooted just clear your data and flash the ROM and firmware in the second post. I know downloading your apps again sucks but it isn't too bad. But make sure to back up your contacts somewhere so you don't lose them.
    I did the dirty and didn't lose anything, a few apps needed to update, not hard at all.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    I did the dirty and didn't lose anything, a few apps needed to update, not hard at all.
    Did the dirty install also. But my baseband version is still the same.
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    I did the dirty and didn't lose anything, a few apps needed to update, not hard at all.
    To each his own. Safe flashing bro
  22. #97  
    Super Dave426's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    ROM
    MOAR 9

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Mine shows 4.1.2 and MA6, did your modem flash show as successful?
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    Mine shows 4.1.2 and MA6, did your modem flash show as successful?
    i dont know how to flash the firmware. all i did was installed the ma6 full from sd.

    Edit. Just flashed the modem. Now baseband says ma6
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    i dont know how to flash the firmware. all i did was installed the ma6 full from sd.

    Edit. Just flashed the modem. Now baseband says ma6
    Just download the firmware from your phone and flash the same way you did the ROM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Just download the firmware from your phone and flash the same way you did the ROM.
    Damned you best me to it. Lol... congrats.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HOW TO update to ZVH Easy way
    By lilparker93 in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 01:52 AM
  2. What's the best way to update to VC?
    By uberjam545 in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. Need to run HTC Sync to Update to 2.1?
    By stimulatedboredom in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:48 PM
  4. how to update to 2.0?
    By leron86 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
  5. black screen when trying to update to 2.1 eris
    By gypsy76#AC in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions