Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #151  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Your Way to Update to MA6

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    That's because it wants to update to MB1 now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Correct both updates came within about a week of each other.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

ROM
    ThundeRom 1.7

I did not realize that there were two updates. It would be nice if the updates from Sprint had a useful "about" to say what they are. Anyway, I looked back through this thread and did not find specifics on how to go from MA6 to MB1. Do I just let that update itself as it is a baseband update and not an OS update? Is that ok to do with a rooted/stock setup? Post #126 makes me think that this is the case but I thought I should ask as I really don't know.

Thanks again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #153  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by gschuck View Post
    I did not realize that there were two updates. It would be nice if the updates from Sprint had a useful "about" to say what they are. Anyway, I looked back through this thread and did not find specifics on how to go from MA6 to MB1. Do I just let that update itself as it is a baseband update and not an OS update? Is that ok to do with a rooted/stock setup? Post #126 makes me think that this is the case but I thought I should ask as I really don't know.

Thanks again.
    This should do you right...

If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you.

This is the Full Stock MB1 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
    2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
    3. Flash Firmware
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Reboot

Thanked by:

Finally got around to update rooted stock phone to MA6...problem. Did a dirty flash of firmware and Odexed Rom, firmware took but Rom didn't. Deleted downloaded Rom and re downloaded it and did a another dirty flash of odexed. It went thru but when rebooting I get just the samsung logo and it freezes. Did a CWM backup before updating and can get into recovery. Do I start over and do data/factory reset or? What is my next move?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #155  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by rkimble9 View Post
    Finally got around to update rooted stock phone to MA6...problem. Did a dirty flash of firmware and Odexed Rom, firmware took but Rom didn't. Deleted downloaded Rom and re downloaded it and did a another dirty flash of odexed. It went thru but when rebooting I get just the samsung logo and it freezes. Did a CWM backup before updating and can get into recovery. Do I start over and do data/factory reset or? What is my next move?
    The data reset right now will most likely fix your issue of being stuck on the Samsung screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    The data reset right now will most likely fix your issue of being stuck on the Samsung screen.
    Thanks for the quick reply Skunk. Reset data but still stuck on Samsung screen...?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #157  
    Retired Ambassador

Thanks for the quick reply Skunk. Reset data but still stuck on Samsung screen...?
    Perhaps a bad download. Restore your backup an redownload the ROM and try it again. You are flashing the modem 1st?

Perhaps a bad download. Restore your backup an redownload the ROM and try it again. You are flashing the modem 1st?
    Flashed the modem 1st then the ROM then reboot. I'll restore and try again. Thanks

tried to restore backup and got MD5 mismatch...? brick?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #160  
    Retired Ambassador

tried to restore backup and got MD5 mismatch...? brick?
    Not a brick. Change the settings to not look at the md5. Or download the ROM and reflash it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #161  
    Retired Ambassador

Not a brick. Change the settings to not look at the md5. Or download the ROM and reflash it.
    If all else fails... restore your phone back to stock and try again.

OK getting in over my head. this was my only backup which is on ext sd card and now can only get phone into recovery. change settings to not look at md5, download rom and reflash or return to stock...are these all done thru adb (which I'm just figuring out) or is there another way?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #163  
    Retired Ambassador

OK getting in over my head. this was my only backup which is on ext sd card and now can only get phone into recovery. change settings to not look at md5, download rom and reflash or return to stock...are these all done thru adb (which I'm just figuring out) or is there another way?
    In twrp recovery there should be an option in settings to disable md5 check when restoring your backup. I'm not sure about cwm though.

To return to stock go to the following thread...

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

In twrp recovery there should be an option in settings to disable md5 check when restoring your backup. I'm not sure about cwm though.

To return to stock go to the following thread...

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    I can sleep tonight Skunk. Many thanks everything is good. I owe you!

If I am stock rooted, can I just install stock recovery and the ota update will work? If not, I am on lj7, so would I need to update to MA6 first then update to MA1 or can I just go from Lj7 to MA1?
    Apologies in advance if my question is confusing.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

The files are gone....
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #167  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    The files are gone....
    I'll update them but if you are going to add custom recovery you won't have to update to MA6 first. If you use the method on post #2 of the MB1 thread. It is complete ROM.

Only if you are on stock recovery with no root (method in post #1) will you have to update to MA6 first.

Freeza had pulled the links for the full ma6 roms. So just go to my thread to update to MB1 and flash the full MB1 ROM and firmware in post #2 and you should be up to date. Like I said, you don't have to be on MA6 to use it.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 03-08-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks for the links to the radios. I'm using TPR, which is MB1 based, but my radios were still LJ7. Updating was a breeze. Maybe it's unrelated, but my cell signal is much stronger at my house now.

Are these files (ROM, modem, and kernel) compatible with both the 16GB and 32GB versions of the S3? I saw in the Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET thread on another Sprint GS3 forum where there are separate 16GB and 32GB downloads. Is that just because of the flash count reset? I don't see separate downloads in any of the other custom ROM threads.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by larrywho View Post
    Are these files (ROM, modem, and kernel) compatible with both the 16GB and 32GB versions of the S3? I saw in the Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET thread on another Sprint GS3 forum where there are separate 16GB and 32GB downloads. Is that just because of the flash count reset? I don't see separate downloads in any of the other custom ROM threads.
    Yes. These are straight up flashable regardless of size. The ones you are talking about are not flashed in recovery. They are flashed in Odin.
    Thanked by:

Thanks, just what I needed to hear. I'll give it a try.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567