Your Way to Update to MA6

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This will be the way to manually update your phone if you are:

Rooted or Unrooted - Stock Rom with all needed bloatware and Stock recovery.

Download the following update zip and place it on your external sd. Go to settings/security and make sure unknown sources is unchecked.

Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time. As soon as you see a flash, let go of the buttons. This will put you in stock recovery. Using the volume bar to select and power button to activate, select update from external storage. Choose the file you previously put there. Push your power button. Your update will begin.

http://d-h.st/KOT

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is this for the premium sweet? (not sure what MA6 is)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone seen just the modem/radio update?

I'm still on stock rooted 4.1.1 but flashed up to the MA4 modem/radio and have been having much better signal strength up in WA state.

Not sure if MA6 is any major difference but looking to try it out - am happy with 4.1.1 right now for what I use it for.

I'll wait for the official 4.2 release before upgrading my ROM.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After the update: If you use a 3rd party keyboard...Swiftkey, etc....make sure you go into the menu>language and input, and verify that this is the default keyboard rather than the Samsung keyboard.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Skunk you're slackin man! I was hoping to see a way to update using CWM by the night... but nope :(

I haven't found one yet... :rolleyes:
The last few updates, I had 4+ ways before the day was out. This update isn't getting the attention the others did.

But any of the updates will overwrite your custom Rom. The only way to keep your custom Rom is by waiting until the dev releases it. If you aren't on a touchwiz Rom, it most likely won't happen and the best you should expect is an updated modem.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found one yet... :rolleyes:
The last few updates, I had 4+ ways before the day was out. This update isn't getting the attention the others did.

But any of the updates will overwrite your custom Rom. The only way to keep your custom Rom is by waiting until the dev releases it. If you aren't on a touchwiz Rom, it most likely won't happen and the best you should expect is an updated modem.

Well then I'm in luck because I'm switching to Goodness later tonight once it finishes downloading and it is a TouchWiz ROM.

Just a question for ya though. How do I go back to totally stock but rooted? (a.k.a go back to before all the flashing of custom ROMs, but still be rooted) Because once 4.2 officially hits our phone, i don't think I'll even need to run a custom ROM. Maybe just a kernel for better battery life.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well then I'm in luck because I'm switching to Goodness later tonight once it finishes downloading and it is a TouchWiz ROM.

Just a question for ya though. How do I go back to totally stock but rooted? (a.k.a go back to before all the flashing of custom ROMs, but still be rooted) Because once 4.2 officially hits our phone, i don't think I'll even need to run a custom ROM. Maybe just a kernel for better battery life.

You way overestimate 4.2 but it may be awhile anyway. I will post you a link in a few minutes...

Check your pm's....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
SO Skunk.... if I do the steps you said in the PM (flash to stock rooted), can I DL MA6 and flash it once you post it for CWM?! (hopefully tomorrow!)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers