Your Way to Update to MA6

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Edit* it seems like there's something wrong with the gyroscope in the software. It works in games but for apps like video player, YouTube and the camera, it doesn't. Because of this the icons are upside down. And when I take pictures they also show up upside down in he gallery.

What happens if you turn your phone over?

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you turn your phone over?

I didn't get a chance to.

I restored from my backup I made before the update. When it booted up there was the same problem. After a while it startrd tk also effect games. They were coming up upside down and the gyroscope sensetivity was very sluggish.

After this i did a full format to stock and the problem was the same. I gave up and was going to just bring jt back to bestbuy. I restored my phone from the backup just so i can have my contacts and it started working as if nothing happened. I updated again to MA6 and its still good.

I'll keep an eye in it.

Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

IZZY Dead

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Just applied the update.zip as indicated here to Sprint GS3 stock, now my stock recovery in showing a green android guy lying down with a red triangle have I tripped my counter? How do I fix this?

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get a chance to.

I restored from my backup I made before the update. When it booted up there was the same problem. After a while it startrd tk also effect games. They were coming up upside down and the gyroscope sensetivity was very sluggish.

After this i did a full format to stock and the problem was the same. I gave up and was going to just bring jt back to bestbuy. I restored my phone from the backup just so i can have my contacts and it started working as if nothing happened. I updated again to MA6 and its still good.

I'll keep an eye in it.

Thanks for the reply though.

Onslaught, if you get that problem again, use an app called Sensor Debug and see if it because your pitch axis is off ...it should be close to zero not -180. There was a similar problem in the older Epic once that caused problems similar to what you describe. Then we had to calibrate the phone while it wad face down to flip the pitch sensors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Onslaught, if you get that problem again, use an app called Sensor Debug and see if it because your pitch axis is off ...it should be close to zero not -180. There was a similar problem in the older Epic once that caused problems similar to what you describe. Then we had to calibrate the phone while it wad face down to flip the pitch sensors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind if it occurs again.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and gave it a whirl....here's what I did:
FYI: I'm running CWM Recovery v6.0.1.2

1. Copy Stock LJ7 to MA6 update to external sdcard...first file Skunk posted. It's about 158MB or so.
2. Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time and go into your CWM Recovery.
3. Install update via your copied update zip file from external sdcard. This takes about three to four minutes to fully run.
4. Once complete, go back and wipe cache directory.
5. Go to Advanced and then wipe the dalvik cache.
6. Choose to reboot phone. CWM will warn you that stock recovery has been chosen, do you want to make sure to ignore that change, keeping CWM. Say yes.
7. CWM will then say that root might be removed, do you want to fix?...say yes.
8. The phone reboots...you'll see the android is upgrading/optimizing apps and then you're back to your lock screen.
9. It'll take a bit of time...but my SuperSU was still present and accounted for. Wifi tether worked fine (with encryption), root programs worked without issue, all was good to go.
I just tried this route I have CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2 also, it aborted it, couldn't open it and claimed it was a bad file. Oh well guess I am going dirty.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
So I could not transfer the first file to my phone and it looks like something was bad, because when I hooked up and transferred the files in post 2 I had no issues at all. My phone has rebooted and seems to downloading a ton of app updates. All is fine, dirty done good, thanks Skunk!

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted just clear your data and flash the ROM and firmware in the second post. I know downloading your apps again sucks but it isn't too bad. But make sure to back up your contacts somewhere so you don't lose them.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So I could not transfer the first file to my phone and it looks like something was bad, because when I hooked up and transferred the files in post 2 I had no issues at all. My phone has rebooted and seems to downloading a ton of app updates. All is fine, dirty done good, thanks Skunk!

No problem...

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted just clear your data and flash the ROM and firmware in the second post. I know downloading your apps again sucks but it isn't too bad. But make sure to back up your contacts somewhere so you don't lose them.
I did the dirty and didn't lose anything, a few apps needed to update, not hard at all.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the dirty and didn't lose anything, a few apps needed to update, not hard at all.

Did the dirty install also. But my baseband version is still the same.
qu8e2a3a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton