Best way to send video's via mms/text?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know an easier way? These are the ways so far that I know but do not want to do.

1. Get an messaging app like gosms, handcent, etc (I don't want to get this cause I hate 3rd party apps and they seem to mess my phone up and drain my battery)
2. Change the settings in video player to record at very very low resolution. ( I don't want to do this because what's the point of sending the video if it looks like and has low res)
3. Use dropbox (why? there has to be a better solution_
4. Upload to youtube (come on all that for a silly clip you wanna send to you friend personally?)

And that's about it! Even when I record a 5 sec clip it still won't be able to send to any other phone via mms, gmail, email, etc. This seems so ridic that the stupid iphone can send videos no problem but our stock messaging app can't!

Anyone have any better ideas?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You kind of rattled off all the ways to do it. You will not be able to send a high quality video over MMS.. The carriers just don't allow it. I've never seen a carrier allow pure HQ videos go through.. I've only seen just the low resolution ones... And I even use ChompSMS which is a 3rd party one.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

alanierrn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
what If you don't want your videos on youtube? I have a video I've been trying to send of my kid that I don't want floating around on internet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
what If you don't want your videos on youtube? I have a video I've been trying to send of my kid that I don't want floating around on internet.

Does anyone know an easier way? These are the ways so far that I know but do not want to do.

1. Get an messaging app like gosms, handcent, etc (I don't want to get this cause I hate 3rd party apps and they seem to mess my phone up and drain my battery)
2. Change the settings in video player to record at very very low resolution. ( I don't want to do this because what's the point of sending the video if it looks like and has low res)
4. Upload to youtube (come on all that for a silly clip you wanna send to you friend personally?)

And that's about it! Even when I record a 5 sec clip it still won't be able to send to any other phone via mms, gmail, email, etc. This seems so ridic that the stupid iphone can send videos no problem but our stock messaging app can't!

Anyone have any better ideas?

Read 1-4.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
See I don't want to do 1-4 , I just want my damn phone to send the f-ing video.

Well unfortunately you will send the video with a method available or just stand in the corner sucking your thumb crying about it... Really? A video... Figure it out.. Unless it's a dirty movie clip you're trying to send I don't see a problem.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
We shouldn't have to download a app to have video's sent. Why can these apps do it and the stock messaging app can't? I shouldn't have to upload any video to youtube just to send it to a friend. I don't think you get what I am saying. Sucking my thumb? sulking? Gonzo? lol. Your picture is creepy. I am sure that's all the play you get; sucking your thumb. lmao. Keep your trollin EVO ass out of the Sprint GS3 forum. Your phone sucks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
We shouldn't have to download a app to have video's sent. Why can these apps do it and the stock messaging app can't? I shouldn't have to upload any video to youtube just to send it to a friend. I don't think you get what I am saying. Sucking my thumb? sulking? Gonzo? lol. Your picture is creepy. I am sure that's all the play you get; sucking your thumb. lmao. Keep your trollin EVO ass out of the Sprint GS3 forum. Your phone sucks.

I would calm down... Both of you. No need to result to insults.

Diligent you just have to accept that you have to do 1-4. Could our phones honestly send video MMS? Absolutely. You are right that they have the power but the issue is the carriers do not want huge videos being thrown over MMS and that's why this is all prevented.

Samsung just has the stock messaging app stop you from sending it due to these carrier restraints. Why you ask? Because if you download a 3rd party messaging app that will allow you to send however big of a file (I use ChompSMS and I can set no limit) but regardless of that setting Sprint can and usually will reject the message if it's over a certain limit. Again all carriers do this because they don't want people sending huge videos over a MMS message.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just want my damn phone to send the f-ing video.
Circumventing the language filter or language abbreviations are not acceptable. Remember this is a family orientated forum.

Well unfortunately you will send the video with a method available or just stand in the corner sucking your thumb crying about it... Really? A video... Figure it out.. Unless it's a dirty movie clip you're trying to send I don't see a problem.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
Personal insults is also not acceptable.

Sucking my thumb? sulking? Gonzo? lol. Your picture is creepy. I am sure that's all the play you get; sucking your thumb. lmao. Keep your trollin EVO ass out of the Sprint GS3 forum. Your phone sucks.
Personal insults not acceptable, calling someone a troll is in fact a form of trolling.

Bottom line guys. If you can't respond to one another in a decent manor without insults and language then I would recommend you don't bother responding at all. Nobody is forcing anyone to respond but when they do we as Moderators just like the members expect it to be done in a respectable manor and not let things get personal.

Let keeps things civil from here on out.

Thanks everyone.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Why? Because this is your best option...especially since you should have many GB of free space. I have my phone set to auto upload all of my photos/videos to Dropbox. I then create private folders for people to see what I want them to see. It is very simple to setup and maintain.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Why? Because this is your best option...especially since you should have many GB of free space. I have my phone set to auto upload all of my photos/videos to Dropbox. I then create private folders for people to see what I want them to see. It is very simple to setup and maintain.

I also use dropbox. How private do you feel that it is?

Sent from my amazing HTC EVO LTE

Adam G

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

There are privacy settings on YouTube. You can make them unsearchable, meaning the only people who can see it are those who have the link. You can also make them private so that only you can view it.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
There are privacy settings on YouTube. You can make them unsearchable, meaning the only people who can see it are those who have the link. You can also make them private so that only you can view it.

Yes, this is true. My wife did this to share an ultrasound with family. That is also a great option, if you don't want them to have a copy of the video. If you do want them to be able to download the video, use Dropbox.

fglennr

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Theres gotta be a way to send high res video via text or email. This is a deal breaker for me since I work in tech support and need this for my job. I used to have iPhone4s and was able to send video up to/over a minute.
Does anybody have any ideas?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
iPhone's do not use the Standard MMS protocols. Again the file size is limited by the Carrier. I have a 4 second video that is 8.66MB is size. It is not allowed by the Carrier over the MMS system. Any phone other than an iPhone and maybe Blackberry will be limited as they do not use the same protocols as MMS. Even email has a file size limit.

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thats terrible, that the iPhone can do it and Samsung can NOT, that is a huge disadvantage for Samsung, the greatest thing about sending like 30 sec clips of your kids basketball game to the grandparents, right thru the phone email or text. Its tough to tell the grandparents to go to a different site or drop box to look at videos.

Thats amazing that Apple makes it easy and Android make it impossible, I guess that's why Apple is a very strong product, its simple to use and everything works.
I was very excited to finally dump my iPhone, but now I am rethinking that move.