Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: New features in 4.1.2

I haven't received the update yet on my SIII. So for alll of you who have gotten it, this definitely is not the "premium suite" update that's been rumored about for the last couple of months?

Just more of a maintenance update?

ROM
    MOAR 9

Yes and yes.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    The camera app also seems different too.
    Yeah, my favorite add on is the ability to take pictures while recording video

ROM
    MOAR 9

I notice that the driving mode is finally working with 4.1.2, it would work a few times a week, now it reads out all of my texts and incoming calls.

David

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    I went from Gingerbread on my Epic to JellyBean on my SG3, so I never saw ICS (LF9), but it appears from the online Sprint User Guide that the Settings/Display/Gyroscope Calibration is gone now? Anybody else know where it might be if not there?
    It's still there in 4.1.2, Settings->Motion->Sensitivity Settings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    I notice that the driving mode is finally working with 4.1.2, it would work a few times a week, now it reads out all of my texts and incoming calls.
    Where is driving mode?
    Thanked by:
    BergerKing likes this.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Driving mode is Settings - Accessibility - Text to Speech - Driving Mode.

David
    Thanked by 2:

Super Dave426, I'm going to hazard a guess based on your sig that this update does not break root access?

Quote Originally Posted by toddwilfreeman View Post
    Super Dave426, I'm going to hazard a guess based on your sig that this update does not break root access?
    If you're rooted, the OTA won't work at all. Follow the direction in the second post of this thread to apply the update: Your Way to Update to MA6
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

I'm still waiting for the OTA update. I received notifications about it from Sprint Zone but when I tap on it there is nothing there. At least my Nexus 7 got it's 4.2.2 update last week.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Quote Originally Posted by toddwilfreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you're rooted, the OTA won't work at all. Follow the direction in the second post of this thread to apply the update: Your Way to Update to MA6
    This is correct, I used this method to update, just didn't perform the third wipe as stated in the posts referring to a dirty update.
    Last edited by Super Dave426; 02-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.

David

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    I happen to love the bezel zoom... I hope someone can preserve this function.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>
    I like it too. Haven't received the update yet...would be nice to have this as an option.

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Here's a stupid question that maybe you can answer. I am perfectly happy with 4.1.1, as 4.1.2 seems to have eliminated things that I like that I liked, i.e. bezel zoom. With that being said, I remember from my old epic 4g w/Keyboard days if an OTA came , you had to do the update, although there was an app you could DL called something like "fota kill"? to stop the the reminder pop up to update.

If I root therefore making my phone not being able to update, I wonder if I would continue to get the OTA update popup reminder like I did in the past. A little premature since I have not gotten the OTA, but thought I would ask what your thoughts were.

Yes, I am one of the few that would prefer to skip some updates, or only do the updates I want, especially if everything works perfectly now - if its not broke, don't fix it mentality.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    kickstand4u For all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

Still haven't gotten this update yet. Was this an OTA update or was it a manual update through Kies ?

This is an OTA update. I still haven't received it yet myself.

Is anyone noticing battery issues with 4.1.2? I know someone mentioned earlier that they noticed increased battery drain and I am seeing that too but what I'm also seeing is when I plug in the charger, the phone charges much slower since the 4.1.2 update. When on previous firmware versions the Galaxy S3 would take about an hour to maybe an hour and half at the most to charge but it seems since the 4.1.2 update it only charges 50% in the same amount of time. I've tried doing a factory reset and that didn't fix the issue. I will contact Samsung tomorrow to discuss it with their support team.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Doesn't seem to have impacted mine. I'm at 15 hrs and 40 minutes since taking it off the charger this morning, and have 30% left.

The one thing I do notice is that maps, Gmail and Exchange Services seem to be using a higher percentage of battery than I've seen before. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Words Free has also used a large percentage. I wonder if these changes reflect a lower overall percentage for Android itself.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

We also have "Best Face" in the camera now
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mouseglider View Post
    Here's a stupid question that maybe you can answer. I am perfectly happy with 4.1.1, as 4.1.2 seems to have eliminated things that I like that I liked, i.e. bezel zoom. With that being said, I remember from my old epic 4g w/Keyboard days if an OTA came , you had to do the update, although there was an app you could DL called something like "fota kill"? to stop the the reminder pop up to update.

If I root therefore making my phone not being able to update, I wonder if I would continue to get the OTA update popup reminder like I did in the past. A little premature since I have not gotten the OTA, but thought I would ask what your thoughts were.

Yes, I am one of the few that would prefer to skip some updates, or only do the updates I want, especially if everything works perfectly now - if its not broke, don't fix it mentality.
    I went into the Google framework services app and I unclicked show notifications. I still get notifications. But not as often. It was something like every time I unlocked the phone. Now it's once, maybe twice a day.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Thanked by:

I just noticed the Contacts app now has an option to set a message alert tone for each individual contact. I've been using Handcent for that functionality, but if you use the stock messaging app this is a nice addition.

I haven't noticed anything different...is the s3 slated to get an official update to 4.2.1, or is that going to be s4 only?

I just noticed the Contacts app now has an option to set a message alert tone for each individual contact. I've been using Handcent for that functionality, but if you use the stock messaging app this is a nice addition.

Hasn't that option has been around since at least Gingerbread?

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    aznberry likes this.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Weslyn Strawder View Post
    I haven't noticed anything different...is the s3 slated to get an official update to 4.2.1, or is that going to be s4 only?

Things are looking good. Nothing official yet obviously, but going in the right direction. Although internatonal versions got premium suite MONTHS ago and we still haven't, so I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Things are looking good. Nothing official yet obviously, but going in the right direction. Although internatonal versions got premium suite MONTHS ago and we still haven't, so I guess only time will tell.
    4.1.2 is premium suite. I have, it AT&T stripped it.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Hasn't that option has been around since at least Gingerbread?
    It wasn't on mine prior to the update. I had a conversation about it with someone who had an international version with 4.1.2. His contacts had that option, mine didn't. I don't have a screen print from before, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    4.1.2 is premium suite. I have, it AT&T stripped it.
    Not quite accurate. 4.1.2 is a maintenance upgrade of Android. In other markets, Samsung rolled out Premium Suite with 4.1.2, but PS is a Samsung add-on, not part of the Android OS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast