Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: New features in 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Not quite accurate. 4.1.2 is a maintenance upgrade of Android. In other markets, Samsung rolled out Premium Suite with 4.1.2, but PS is a Samsung add-on, not part of the Android OS.
    This is it and the Note 2 has it already, with some features stripped.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsu...I-316368.shtml

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

Personally, I'm not terribly upset about the lack of Premium Suite. I don't think I'd make any real use of mutli-window on a screen as small as the GS3's. We DID get the camera upgrades in the Sprint 4.1.2 update, and if you really want a better gallery app there are plenty of them in the play store.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Personally, I'm not terribly upset about the lack of Premium Suite. I don't think I'd make any real use of mutli-window on a screen as small as the GS3's. We DID get the camera upgrades in the Sprint 4.1.2 update, and if you really want a better gallery app there are plenty of them in the play store.
    We didn't get photo sphere at AT&T but something elsecalled Orb is supposed to be coming. I never use multi tab.

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

A good gallery app that is fast is "QuickPic"
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    kickstand4u mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!
    Thanked by:
    gnr_2 
    denisew1972 likes this.

The gallery app in 4.1.2 is a bit different than 4 1.1 I believe, but I don't use it for much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    We didn't get photo sphere at AT&T but something elsecalled Orb is supposed to be coming. I never use multi tab.
    Photosphere hasn't been part of any version of 4.1.2, and it isn't part of Premium Suite. Photosphere is part of Android 4.2 on Nexus devices. But Photosphere isn't open source and may not be included in any non-Nexus devices, even if those that get 4.2.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I really don't see why Sprint would not rollout the premium suite upgrade. They've already sold a ton of SIIIs and locked people into 2 year contracts so I don't see the logic of holding it back. They've been pretty good at rolling out updates, so I'm at least hoping they won't make the boneheaded decision of not doing it.

If anything they run the risk of further alienating their customers who have been patiently waiting for Network Vision to light up in their neck of the woods.

Since we just got an update and the S4 is around the corner, my bet is that "if" Sprint does release 4.2.1 for our S3 it won't be until after the S4 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Since we just got an update and the S4 is around the corner, my bet is that "if" Sprint does release 4.2.1 for our S3 it won't be until after the S4 is released.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I agree, they're probably waiting for the S4 to drop. Then roll it out for the S3. If they don't they better have a darn good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by bearballz72 View Post
    I agree, they're probably waiting for the S4 to drop. Then roll it out for the S3. If they don't they better have a darn good explanation.
    Or what? You'll switch to another carrier that also hasn't rolled out Premium Suite? Or even 4.1.2.

Deadly_Poison630 and gnr_2 like this.

Or what? You'll switch to another carrier that also hasn't rolled out Premium Suite? Or even 4.1.2.
    Because Samsung has been touting this update for months now! What, if At&t rolls it out, then I'm allowed to complain about it? Don't settle for the status quo.
    Retired Ambassador

Most people I know with the note2 have already disabled the multi-window. It really is more cumbersome than switching with the old task manager. It also commonly gets in the way when enabled.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Well personally I wouldn't mind getting the update. Yeah this update may just have a bunch of stuff I'll never use.

But at least it would show me Sprint is still supporting the S3 and not leaving us in the the dust after the S4 drops. Most of us who got the S3 probably won't be getting an S4 anyway because we're all locked up on contract until 2014.

Last edited by bearballz72; 02-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buffdaddy72 View Post
    Because Samsung has been touting this update for months now! What, if At&t rolls it out, then I'm allowed to complain about it? Don't settle for the status quo.
    My point was you basically said "or else." It's not like you have a lot of options if they don't roll out PS on this phone.

And I"m not sure I agree that Samsung has been "touting" it. More like the blogosphere has been touting it. But you can't hold Samsung or Sprint responsible for the posts on forums like this one. A hundred, or a thousand, people with no relationship to either Samsung or Spring saying "we'll be getting it soon" doesn't make it true.

My point was you basically said "or else." It's not like you have a lot of options if they don't roll out PS on this phone.

And I"m not sure I agree that Samsung has been "touting" it. More like the blogosphere has been touting it. But you can't hold Samsung or Sprint responsible for the posts on forums like this one. A hundred, or a thousand, people with no relationship to either Samsung or Spring saying "we'll be getting it soon" doesn't make it true.
    Samsung did tout it......just google Samsung premium suite for galaxy s3 and a whole list of stuff pops up. They just haven't said for which U.S. carriers or U.S. S3's for that matter.

Here's one......

Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite 'Jelly Bean' upgrade features detailed | Expert Reviews
    mak916 likes this.

Samsung issued one press release. The blogosphere, like the site you linked to, blew it all out of proportion. That "whole list of stuff" isn't Samsung sites, it's blogs and forums like this one. You can hardly blame Samsung for the lack of editorial and reportorial smarts of the internet generation. I don't think anyone asked Samsung "Hey, is this coming to the U.S.? When? The bloggers are too busy trying to drive traffic to their sites to bother with fact checking or real reporting.

Samsung issued one press release. The blogosphere, like the site you linked to, blew it all out of proportion. That "whole list of stuff" isn't Samsung sites, it's blogs and forums like this one. You can hardly blame Samsung for the lack of editorial and reportorial smarts of the internet generation. I don't think anyone asked Samsung "Hey, is this coming to the U.S.? When? The bloggers are too busy trying to drive traffic to their sites to bother with fact checking or real reporting.
    Well that's true with any piece consumer tech. The company issues a press release and all these sites jump on it. That's the whole reason these sites exist, it's news. Plus Samsung even made a nice video to demo all the bells and whistles, not just a simple press release.

Samsung demos their Premium Suite upgrade headed to the Samsung Galaxy S3 | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by adlebo View Post
    MA6 definitely updated Swype. Before the update I wasn't able to type in fields such as this reply and in Google searches with auto spacing. I needed to manually space between the words which was annoying. But after the update, auto spacing finally works again as its supposed to! For me, that's the best part about the MA6 update!
    So is this update ma6 or mb1 vc my girl has mb1 ans that's the update that just came though to her phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There is a MA6 and as of tonight a MB1. M=2013 b=month a= January b=February c=March etc. 1 is the day of the month for the build.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    There is a MA6 and as of tonight a MB1. M=2013 b=month a= January b=February c=March etc. 1 is the day of the month for the build.
    Thank you! I've wondered where these cryptic names come from.

Wow my signal strength is almost non existent at home now, used to be pretty good. This sucks.

Haven't seen any other complaints about this, so I suspect it's coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by EVObastard View Post
    Wow my signal strength is almost non existent at home now, used to be pretty good. This sucks.

Try updating your PRL and profile. That may do the trick?

Panoramic Camera is different. The bar is at the bottom now instead of the blue box coming up on the screen.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123