Duplicate voicemails

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Since Feb. 4, any voicemail message I have received has been duplicated. I don't know if that's the date this started, but I just now noticed it. I did a manual update to the new voicemail (which I understand is now apparently included with the 4.1.2 update). In the voicemail list, one entry is the voicemail and the other entry is just a 0:00 length message. For example, I am working with Sprint ticket support in regards to service issues. I missed a call from them and they left a voicemail. The voicemail currently looks like this:

888-211-4727
0:48

888-211-4727
0:00

In the example above, both of these "messages" were on the same day at the same time.

I called Sprint support but the only thing they could do apparently was reset the voicemail software which would delete all the messages. In the Sprint forums, there seems to be a couple of discussions regarding duplicate text messages. The solution being offered for that issue is to powercycle. While I am not receiving duplicate text messages, I did powercycle the phone but it didn't change anything.

MMSTEGALL

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with the response below. I too have the identical problem. And when I say identical, I mean you desribed it to a T. My duplicates started on the 22nd of January 2013. It must be with this latest update. Please keep me posted since you have a ticket open with Sprint. Thank You!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't get a lot of VMs, but just checked and it turns out I have one duplicated VM just as described above. Does appear to be a bug in the new VM app.

robinshope

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am not certain of the date but around the same time as everyone else here this started happening to me too. Some times I even get 4 or 5 of the same voicemail! This fills my inbox, I no longer can download messages and therefore I miss important messages. I contacted Sprint,they reset my voicemail but the problem still exists. Has anyone gotten this resolved? If so, what was the solution?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I do use Nova. That's interesting. I don't understand why that would matter. Did you also just update to 4.1.2 by any chance? That update includes a new Sprint VM app, which seems to be the real issue.

Why don't you try going back to the TW and see if your duplicate emails go away.

lakers1fan

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have the same issue and evn have 4 or 5 of the same message like one person also said. I use Nova Launcher as well. Im curious, if anyone has stopped using the launcher and the issue went away?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Jake Jager

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I do not run Nova Launcher, I use Go Launcher though. I too notice all my voicemails duplicating some time after the last update. what's more is I do not get my voicemail notification immediately, sometimes it can take up to an hour before I get a notification and then, because of the duplication issue, I get 10 or 15 seperate notifications! It cannot be the launcher...no way! I think I'm going to role my VM appback...uninstall updates till someone finds us an answer ;)

I have a Samsung Epic 4G (original Galaxy S)

Last edited: