Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Duplicate voicemails

Since Feb. 4, any voicemail message I have received has been duplicated. I don't know if that's the date this started, but I just now noticed it. I did a manual update to the new voicemail (which I understand is now apparently included with the 4.1.2 update). In the voicemail list, one entry is the voicemail and the other entry is just a 0:00 length message. For example, I am working with Sprint ticket support in regards to service issues. I missed a call from them and they left a voicemail. The voicemail currently looks like this:

888-211-4727
    0:48

888-211-4727
    0:00

In the example above, both of these "messages" were on the same day at the same time.

I called Sprint support but the only thing they could do apparently was reset the voicemail software which would delete all the messages. In the Sprint forums, there seems to be a couple of discussions regarding duplicate text messages. The solution being offered for that issue is to powercycle. While I am not receiving duplicate text messages, I did powercycle the phone but it didn't change anything.

Default Re: Duplicate voicemails

I believe there is nothing wrong with your Voicemail app. Most likely it was related to the Mailbox services!

Lightbulb Re: Duplicate voicemails

I disagree with the response below. I too have the identical problem. And when I say identical, I mean you desribed it to a T. My duplicates started on the 22nd of January 2013. It must be with this latest update. Please keep me posted since you have a ticket open with Sprint. Thank You!

Same problem here! Mine started Jan 24th. I'm pretty sure it was right after the update, too :/

Same here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I don't get a lot of VMs, but just checked and it turns out I have one duplicated VM just as described above. Does appear to be a bug in the new VM app.

Question Re: Duplicate voicemails

I am not certain of the date but around the same time as everyone else here this started happening to me too. Some times I even get 4 or 5 of the same voicemail! This fills my inbox, I no longer can download messages and therefore I miss important messages. I contacted Sprint,they reset my voicemail but the problem still exists. Has anyone gotten this resolved? If so, what was the solution?

I have also been having this problem for the last few weeks (not sure the exact day it started).

Do any of you have Nova Launcher installed? I just installed it today and now have duplicate voice mails.

I do use Nova. That's interesting. I don't understand why that would matter. Did you also just update to 4.1.2 by any chance? That update includes a new Sprint VM app, which seems to be the real issue.

Why don't you try going back to the TW and see if your duplicate emails go away.

I also have the same issue and evn have 4 or 5 of the same message like one person also said. I use Nova Launcher as well. Im curious, if anyone has stopped using the launcher and the issue went away?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I do not run Nova Launcher, I use Go Launcher though. I too notice all my voicemails duplicating some time after the last update. what's more is I do not get my voicemail notification immediately, sometimes it can take up to an hour before I get a notification and then, because of the duplication issue, I get 10 or 15 seperate notifications! It cannot be the launcher...no way! I think I'm going to role my VM appback...uninstall updates till someone finds us an answer

I have a Samsung Epic 4G (original Galaxy S)