1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint 4G LTE in Brooklyn

Sprint is rolling out 4G LTE in the Brooklyn area. I got 4G at home today for the first time, and I got 21.93 mbps and I usually got around 2-3 mbps or even less.
    I spoke to a Sprint rep and he told me that it's unofficial and they are still testing it. So if you live in the Brooklyn area check your phone if you got the 4G icon. Sprint 4G LTE in Brooklyn-uploadfromtaptalk1360893401325.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default Re: Sprint 4G LTE in Brooklyn

I live in Forest Hills, Queens and I saw the 4g icon for about 30 seconds today before I lost it. I was super excited and tried grabbing a screen shot but lost the signal right before the shot was taken. Anyways my service has been fairly crappy since about May so I'm hoping that the 4g upgrade of the towers and the roll out are finished soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Samaxy S-3PO

Yea the samething here in the bronx.i cant wait for it to come more wide spread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

am in east newyork bkly when i see the 4g i got happy but was sad to see nothing works but about an hour later it was but still not a hundred persent .....so we still have to wait

Was I ever surprised. I'm sitting at my doctor's office on Ocean Ave and Kings Highway and "BINGO"! 4G lit up on my Evo 4GLTE. It was still on when I got back to my neighborhood in East Flatbush. It did turn off when I entered my house which has a Sprint AIRAVE 2.5.

I was in Brooklyn (Park Slope area) last weekend, and could barely get a signal in most locations, much less a 4G signal.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    Harmonia 2

I commute daily in NYC from Flushing Queens to Red Hook Brooklyn. I just got the Virgin Mobile version of the Galaxy S3 which runs on Sprints LTE.

Here's where I get LTE Service.

The Entire Length of the 7 Train Line in Queens, from Long Island City Until Main Street Flushing.
    Northern Boulevard from Queens Plaza to Main Street.
    Parts of Whitestone, Queens.
    Downtown Brooklyn, Fulton Mall Area and Barclays Center/Atlantic Terminal

Where I don't:
    Flushing outside of Downtown
    Red Hook, Brooklyn

LTE has been deployed in pretty decent swaths across NYC, but it's still not available everywhere yet. When you get it, the service is amazing, but even when rolling back to 3G it's clear that service has been improved as well with the Network Vision upgrades.

I previously had the Evo 3D running WiMax, and interestingly I did have service in areas I don't with LTE, but traveling around LTE seems to be more consistently available over a wider set of areas. WiMax coverage always seemed to be available over more limited areas, with the radios switching back to 3G very often while traveling around. 4GLTE when you hit it, seems to be dispersed over a greater area of towers... once you switch to 4G it stays with 4G service for a wider area during your travels.

As I mentioned above Sprint 4G LTE seems to be alive in Flatbush, Midwood, Bensonhurst and Bayridge Brooklyn.

Once I get a block away from the Sprint Airave, installed in my brick home to boost the voice and data signal, I select the 4G network, it pops right in. Funny though, when I click the 4G widget in "Switch Pro" widget, I get a message on the screen that says, "Selecting 4G does not support the current system version." I don't know whether it is the app that is in conflict or, if it is that that my EVO 4GLTE needs some software update now that Sprint's new 4G is up. Nevertheless, the phone accesses the 4G network, no problem.