1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Repeating SMS bug\

So this has happened to me enough that I think it's a bug, though I'm not sure if it's a bug in iMessage (the iPhone messaging system), the Sprint network or my SGS3. It seems like whenever someone sends me multiple text messages (or a long text message that needs to be split up), I will get them all, but then the first message (or first part) will come to me a second time at the end. I don't have a lot of people sending text messages, and all the folks who text me with any regularity use iPhones...and this is where the uncertainty of the source comes from. Is this an iPhone thing? Or does this happen to other people using Android or "dumb phone" SMS? I use the stock messaging system on my S3.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Re: Repeating SMS bug\

That happens to everyone its a stupid problem I have seen since my htc G1 the first android.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by teerone View Post
    That happens to everyone its a stupid problem I have seen since my htc G1 the first android.
    It never happened to me when I had the NS4G...

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

hmm that's a rare case I would call it luck but maybe not. It happens to me on my nexus 4.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by teerone View Post
    hmm that's a rare case I would call it luck but maybe not. It happens to me on my nexus 4.
    Regardless...the question wasn't answered. Does it have to do with iPhone, Sprint, the stock messenger or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Regardless...the question wasn't answered. Does it have to do with iPhone, Sprint, the stock messenger or something else?
    Not a clue because this doesn't happen for me. Come to think of it I haven't seen it at all.. I've sometimes seen messages out of order but not a duplicate of the same one. I do use a 3rd party message application (ChompSMS) so maybe that's why.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.