Why do I have so many folders for my pictures?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
In my gallery I literally have 9 folders for all my pictures: (3) Camera, Screenshots, 100MEDIA, (3) Downloads and wallpapers. Can anyone help me fix this somehow ?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That's the way Android does things. You can use a file manager (Astro, ES File Explorer) to move files from one folder to another and consolidate them that way.

Personally, if I've taken a screenshot, for example, I'm glad I don't have to wade through all my other images to find it. I don't really know, but suspect, that the different download folders were created by different apps. I'm not sure why there are multiple camera folders, though.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the way Android does things. You can use a file manager (Astro, ES File Explorer) to move files from one folder to another and consolidate them that way.

Personally, if I've taken a screenshot, for example, I'm glad I don't have to wade through all my other images to find it. I don't really know, but suspect, that the different download folders were created by different apps. I'm not sure why there are multiple camera folders, though.

Downloads and screenshots I'm very fine with... but as you said THREE camera and THREE download folders are a bit ridiculous to me lol. And I can't seem to locate them on my SD Card when I plug my phone into my computer.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
They could be on either the internal or external SD, and probably under folders named DCIM or Media or Download. The Gallery app just scans your storage for images, and puts thumbnails for them in the gallery. So, unfortunately, the images could be anywhere an app decides to put them. So if you use different browsers, for example, and each one creates it's own download directory, images could be stored in any or all of them.

I'm not sure why there would be multiple camera directories, though, unless (1) you used the card in other phones or (2) you have multiple camera apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams