JB MA6 update issues

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
What I have noticed after the upgrade is that my battery takes longer to charge. I was at 23% and it took 3 hours plus to get to 100%.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Lot's of variables to consider. AC charger or USB port? What's the max output of the AC charger, if once was used? Once we know that, the calculation of minimum charge time is easy. But actual charge time is also dependent on what the phone is doing while charging. If the screen is on, it will take longer. If it's receiving texts and emails, it will take longer. In a weak signal area, it will take longer.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It was the AC charger that came in the box with the phone. It was just laying on the night stand. I am sure a few text or emails came through while charging. full signal strength and the screen was all. This has been my standard procedure with the phone and it has never taken this long.

Lot's of variables to consider. AC charger or USB port? What's the max output of the AC charger, if once was used? Once we know that, the calculation of minimum charge time is easy. But actual charge time is also dependent on what the phone is doing while charging. If the screen is on, it will take longer. If it's receiving texts and emails, it will take longer. In a weak signal area, it will take longer.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It was the AC charger that came in the box with the phone. It was just laying on the night stand. I am sure a few text or emails came through while charging. full signal strength and the screen was all. This has been my standard procedure with the phone and it has never taken this long.

I have noticed that with the fre3 ma6 rom.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It is not good for a battery to charge to quickly. Lithium ion batteries can explode if you charge them to fast because they can overheat. Also they wear out faster.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread but I will also post it here. I hear the MA6 build is not being pushed out anymore but there is a MB1 leak lurking around. Most likely the premium suite upgrade everyone is waiting for with 4.2.1 .

Last edited:

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread but I will also post it here. I hear the MA6 build is not being pushed out anymore but there is a MB1 leak lurking around. Most likely the premium suite upgrade everyone is waiting for with 4.2.1 .

Interesting

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The battery charging has corrected itself. Now I keep getting a message that says keyboard has stopped working. No add on. Just the default samsung keyboard. The only I get it to work is to restart.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The battery charging has corrected itself. Now I keep getting a message that says keyboard has stopped working. No add on. Just the default samsung keyboard. The only I get it to work is to restart.

Try going to settings, apps, all, Samsung keyboard, and clear data. Also I suggest a different keyboard something like SwiftKey

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Oops

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums