Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: 4.1.2 On GS3 On Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbucky23 View Post
    I just received the update I see 4.1.2 but see no changes!!! No premium suite!! Will sprint get the premium suite????!!
    Hate to tell you but premium suite has nothing to do with which version of android you are running as those features are Samsung feature. So I don't get how you feel ripped off. If you are not willing to wait root and flash a ROM that has those features baked in there are plenty out there.

Global Posts
    1,127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    Both my wife and I have GS3's... They are both rooted so we don't want the update anyway but mine was on there Tuesday night late and hers didn't pop up until this morning... we are both running the same ROM and are both on the same Sprint account so there does not appear to be any method to their madness.... The funny part is in all these years it's usually HER phone that gets the update notification first and mine is later.. this time around it was mine first and hers after.... Who knows....
    So since you are rooted, and it seems maybe you are not on a stock rom? did it do the update or not - and if not, do you get reminders to do so? Thanks!
    Sprint LG G3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    "kickstand4u" mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted and xposed my LG G3!
    Rock Solid and Almost Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseglider View Post
    So since you are rooted, and it seems maybe you are not on a stock rom? did it do the update or not - and if not, do you get reminders to do so? Thanks!
    I am running a stock ROM with custom theme.... Skunkape walked me through how to get the notifications to stop... It worked like a charm once he walked me through it like twice... now I don't get the notifications anymore... Hope that helps.. hard for me to explain how to do it... I am not a newbie at Rooting and ROMs but I am by no means an expert who knows all the ins and outs...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

The wife and I have the same phone, Sprint Galaxy S3, unrooted, she just got 4.1.2 today. I didn't. Check for firmware update & Samsung update, ........ nothing. WTH?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Mine updated last night, I honestly can's see any changes.
    Cheers,

Peaty

www.peatpics.com
    Thanked by:
    bmdiz 
    hitsmanj likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
    Yeah that's what I've read. Only things I've found about the update is:
    Misc bug fixes
    Voicemail application update
    SMS 3-digit support

Via QBKING77 at this link: How To Manually Update Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 to MA6 OTA ← QbKing77

Calendar syncing is fixed too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmdiz2 View Post
    The wife and I have the same phone, Sprint Galaxy S3, unrooted, she just got 4.1.2 today. I didn't. Check for firmware update & Samsung update, ........ nothing. WTH?
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the order the update rolls out, but we know it's gradual.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
    There are a number of changes, but they're not immediately obvious: New features in 4.1.2
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Just got the update in Los Angeles a few hours ago. Immediately after installation I was surprised to see a second update was available. The second update was much smaller. Can't comment on premium suite since I don't know what that is. So far everything works but I'm checking for changes. All I know is that I now have Android version 4.1.2. I'll have to re-read the "New features in 4.1.2" thread.
    Thanked by:
    bmdiz 

I received 2 updates yesterday. Located in NYC

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    bmdiz 

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lasooner View Post
    Just got the update in Los Angeles a few hours ago. Immediately after installation I was surprised to see a second update was available. The second update was much smaller. Can't comment on premium suite since I don't know what that is. So far everything works but I'm checking for changes. All I know is that I now have Android version 4.1.2. I'll have to re-read the "New features in 4.1.2" thread.
    Thanks. Post if you notice any changes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    I received 2 updates yesterday. Located in NYC

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Please post if you notice any changes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

No update here. In fact, I called Sprint and (maybe I got the dumbest rep) was told that they don't know of any updates after the 4.1.1 / LJ7. All I was told of the SmartSuite update is that Sprint is in talks with Samsung because of some "problems".

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I got 4.1.2 the other day and I haven't noticed anything improved. Several things I don't like, however:

• Bezel zooming is gone (why not make it optional?)
    • Scrolling around is now fixed up-down/left-right, no longer free-scrolling all over the screen.
    • ^---These two basically make it impossible to browse the web holding the phone in one hand.
    • Stock email app (not gmail) keeps displaying deleted email. The email is still on the server, but I've deleted it on my phone. Now there are up to 100 new emails showing every time the email refreshes. They disappear sometimes...but always come back.
    • Not entirely sure yet, but battery life seems to have suffered. Especially when signal strength is poor. I was a in bar with a crappy signal for all of 2 1/2 hours and had to put the phone in airplane mode because it was hot to the touch and had sucked more than half of the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    No update here. In fact, I called Sprint and (maybe I got the dumbest rep) was told that they don't know of any updates after the 4.1.1 / LJ7. All I was told of the SmartSuite update is that Sprint is in talks with Samsung because of some "problems".
    Yes, you certainly got a dumb rep, but that seems to describe most first tier reps, for any company in any industry. But even if you got one who knew about the two recent updates, they wouldn't be able to tell you when you'll get it. That's all in the hands of some mysterious software algorithm running on Sprint's servers somewhere.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat19 View Post
    I got 4.1.2 the other day and I haven't noticed anything improved. Several things I don't like, however:

• Bezel zooming is gone (why not make it optional?)
    • Scrolling around is now fixed up-down/left-right, no longer free-scrolling all over the screen.
    • ^---These two basically make it impossible to browse the web holding the phone in one hand.
    • Stock email app (not gmail) keeps displaying deleted email. The email is still on the server, but I've deleted it on my phone. Now there are up to 100 new emails showing every time the email refreshes. They disappear sometimes...but always come back.
    • Not entirely sure yet, but battery life seems to have suffered. Especially when signal strength is poor. I was a in bar with a crappy signal for all of 2 1/2 hours and had to put the phone in airplane mode because it was hot to the touch and had sucked more than half of the battery.
    There seem to be a fair number of people unhappy with the loss of bezel zoom (but a lot more who hated it). I've switched to Chrome, but agree it would make sense to have made it user configurable.

I haven't seen the email issue. As a first step, you might want to try deleting the account from your phone, and recreating it.

Battery: did you get updated to MA6, or MB1? A few people have reported battery and overheating issues with MA6, and MB1 was supposed to fix that. Most (at least on the forums) haven't noticed a change in battery life. If it continues to be a problem, the standard advice when an OTA update causes problems is, unfortunately, to do a factory reset.

Skunkape60 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    None here either. What's the timeline for everyone to have this? Seems like it's been out for weeks now...time enough for 100%, I'd've thought.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

No update in Orlando yet either.

CA, nothing here yet. Unless some one else had the ota update?
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

Honestly, I don't care for this update. It doesn't have SmartSuite, and it seems to bring more problems than fixes...and my phone is running fine without it.
    April920 likes this.

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

No problem with my S3 after the update...I HATED the bezel zoom...being difabled (differently abled) I only got one GOOD hand and have NO problem typing or ANYTHING on my phone(s) (10 years now)...with ONE hand...and get a little CHUCKLE when I read about folks complaining...sorry...not laughing AT you; just NEAR you
    Sent from my GS3 w/JB

are there any issues or bugs with this update ? i have not received it yet but wanted to know. i have read alittle about it here and on the sprint forum. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saleen2002 View Post
    are there any issues or bugs with this update ? i have not received it yet but wanted to know. i have read alittle about it here and on the sprint forum. thanks
    I just got my GS3 last week, it did the updates to 4.1.2 a few days later, but I haven't had any problems. Battery life wasn't that good at first, but that may have been because I was using it constantly. Now I'm getting about 16 hours of on and off use before it gets to about 28%.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Don't know why anyone hast noticed but the camera has been updated

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Phone: LG G2
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Rom Version: Stock

Tablet: Motorola Xoom
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Rom Version: Stock